Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Snowy Habitation  (Read 674 times)

dhancock

Snowy Habitation
« on: February 03, 2014, 09:40:52 am »

Spent a couple hours on Saturday morning taking photographs. I was having a hard time finding interesting subjects. The flash helped bring some color and interest to some of the scenes. Critique and comments welcome. To view the image larger, simply click on it. Keep shooting!

Daniel

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
Re: Snowy Habitation
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 04:10:20 pm »

I see a lot in this image and like it very much, but also believe it needs and deserves more love in post:
The snow reflecting the flash, the bird housing, the grass, the lit ground - it makes a very nice composition
which needs to be confined in some crop, probably more vertical-ish with a lean towards square-ish.
A bit of contrast, local contrast, maybe a bit saturation and vignette, dodging and burning here and there ...
Cheers
~Chris

dhancock

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 05:36:18 pm »

A vertical crop doesn't seem to capture the feeling of space which I was looking for. I agree about the contrast, as that file was the jpeg straight out of the camera. I dodged the birdhouse a little, and that added nicely.

stamper

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 03:50:57 am »

I like the soft, pastel like colours in the original. The muted look suits the winter scene. Best left as it is imo. Well done!
Pages: [1]   Go Up