Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Go Seahawks!  (Read 3030 times)

ThomasR99

Re: Go Seahawks!
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 10:29:19 pm »

Jeff, can't say I totally disagree with you.  As much fun as the big win was, a part of me really wanted it to come down to a last play, Denver has the ball, going for the win, 0:02 on the clock.  Number 1 offense against the #1 defense for the championship.  The Seattle defense stops the play, lending more credence to the adage that offense wins games, defense wins championships.  Some of the players (and some media writers) have commented that the 'real' Superbowl was two weeks ago when Seattle played San Francisco for the NFC championship.  This was just an exhibition for the Seahawks to share with the rest of the world.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 11:38:00 pm »

This was just an exhibition for the Seahawks to share with the rest of the world.

Yep...the NFC Championship game game had far more suspense (and much better "football") than the SB...

Personally, I was disappointed in the result–I don't care that the Seahawks won, but that the game seemed to be decided on the first play of the game :~(

(that and I thought the SB commercials pretty much sucked except for the Doberhuahua commercial which was disturbing on several levels) although I think the RadioShack was the best actual ad. (The Phone Call). Yeah, ok, the Budweiser "puppy" commercial was a good one...but it was a bit too "obvious" for me.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 11:40:15 pm by Schewe »

Rob C

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 04:25:48 am »

Yep...the NFC Championship game game had far more suspense (and much better "football") than the SB...

Personally, I was disappointed in the result–I don't care that the Seahawks won, but that the game seemed to be decided on the first play of the game :~(

(that and I thought the SB commercials pretty much sucked except for the Doberhuahua commercial which was disturbing on several levels) although I think the RadioShack was the best actual ad. (The Phone Call). Yeah, ok, the Budweiser "puppy" commercial was a good one...but it was a bit too "obvious" for me.

Watched all three just now: the pup one was cute. In fact it was quite warm. Frankly, a far better use of pooches than as unlikely tools for the selling of toilet rolls.

;-)

Rob C
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up