Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Go Seahawks!  (Read 3031 times)

ThomasR99

Go Seahawks!
« on: February 02, 2014, 05:13:05 pm »

This town has been swathed in green and blue and 12th Man(R) flags the past 2 weeks.  Here's hoping and believing the 'Hawks can pull it off.  If ever a town has been hungry for a Championship, this is it.  All due respect to Manning and the rest of the Broncos...but we're HUNGRY here :).  Wishing for a great game, lots of action on both O and D, and that the refs are a non-factor.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Go Seahawks!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 12:09:46 am »

Well, I hope you feel properly satisfied now. 22-0 at halftime, and 43-8 at the end.
Congratulations (from a Pats fan).
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 01:31:29 am »

Sadly, the game sucked for anybody who wasn't a Seahawks fan...it was one of the worst Superbowl games I can remember :~(

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 05:05:36 am »

Sadly, the game sucked for anybody who wasn't a Seahawks fan...it was one of the worst Superbowl games I can remember :~(

That's what you get for watching. Bring back Janet Jackson, I say.

IMO, the only sport worth watching is top tennis. I haven't played since I was a child, was never any good, but at least at the top level it comes down to two people with great skills fighting it out for supremacy. And when they are both multi-zillionaires, you know its not for the money, that it's personal. That's worth watching.

Generally, I think sport is for the doing, not the looking. In all sincerity, I have never understood the concept of following a team. Why would one? Those people don't know I exist and couldn't care less if they did know... insane.

;-)

Rob C

ThomasR99

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 10:51:10 am »

Hey, Rob C:  Lots of respect for you, I've read many of your comments here, and they've been helpful to me and others.

Gotta respectfully disagree with you on your comment about them (the players) not knowing who we are.  If you saw the game, you saw lots of blue flags w/ #12 on them.  That's for the '12th man' fans of the Seahawks, and believe me the players love the support we give them.  We've had the highest rate of false-starts at our home stadium for the past several years due to the noise we generate when the visiting team is on offense.  One quote from the post-game interviews (there were others): "I can't wait for the parade," Smith said. "Twelves [12th Man fans] come out and make noise louder."  Sure they don't know many of us by name, but they know were here and we're part of their overall success.  A few players had their contracts 'restructured' this year (i.e. took pay cuts), and were willing to do that in order to stay here with the coaches, their fellow players, and yes the fans.

We're pretty happy up here.

Like many, I was hoping for a close, competitive game between two top-tier teams, but once we ran the opening 2nd half kickoff back, it became more like wow...wonder how we'll score next..what haven't we done?  I think the only way we didn't score was a two-point conversion.

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 10:56:03 am »

The halftime show was better than the game.  :-\
~ CB

markadams99

• http://thelightcavalry.zenfolio.com
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 11:26:16 am »

As a Londoner I think American football is awful, awful, awful. I'd rather eat grass than sit through another Dallas Cowboys v Chicago Bears game like the one I watched at Wembley a long time ago. BUT my New Jersey daughters, wife and mother-in-law, who know little about the game, all watched with gusto from start to finish. It must be a social thing.

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 11:46:04 am »

I’m a local to the Seattle area and the town is positively euphoric due to the well-earned championship by the local team. I’m not a sports fan, but think the real top flight game occurred between the ‘hawks and the 49ers a couple of weeks back. That was a good match up. The one yesterday was a functional equivalent of Seattle knee capping the Denver team.

Rob C

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 11:50:02 am »

Gotta respectfully disagree with you on your comment about them (the players) not knowing who we are.  If you saw the game, you saw lots of blue flags w/ #12 on them.  That's for the '12th man' fans of the Seahawks, and believe me the players love the support we give them.  We've had the highest rate of false-starts at our home stadium for the past several years due to the noise we generate when the visiting team is on offense.  One quote from the post-game interviews (there were others): "I can't wait for the parade," Smith said. "Twelves [12th Man fans] come out and make noise louder."  Sure they don't know many of us by name, but they know were here and we're part of their overall success.  A few players had their contracts 'restructured' this year (i.e. took pay cuts), and were willing to do that in order to stay here with the coaches, their fellow players, and yes the fans.

And that, Thomas is my point: I am not an anonymous #12 - I feel absolutely sure that I know who I am.  I never wanted to be part of a group of anythings.

In the broader sense, I can obviously understand the attraction of #Xs to the teams: those #unknowables are the ones whose 'devotion' brings in, in the case of the UK's top soccer guns, that quarter million pounds a week per skull. Without tv and the sponsorship it wouldn't be like that.

Selling tv time and garish jerseys is the name of the game, not sport. The relative value to the world of the ability of some persons to kick a ball has, I suspect, yet to be established in realistic terms.

;-)

Rob C

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 11:56:13 am »

And that, Thomas is my point: I am not an anonymous #12 - I feel absolutely sure that I know who I am.  I never wanted to be part of a group of anythings.

In the broader sense, I can obviously understand the attraction of #Xs to the teams: those #unknowables are the ones whose 'devotion' brings in, in the case of the UK's top soccer guns, that quarter million pounds a week per skull. Without tv and the sponsorship it wouldn't be like that.

Selling tv time and garish jerseys is the name of the game, not sport. The relative value to the world of the ability of some persons to kick a ball has, I suspect, yet to be established in realistic terms.

;-)

Rob C

What Rob said+++many times over.

Peter

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 12:14:54 pm »

One good thing about this game: They had a real singer (Renee Fleming) for the National Anthem, bringing some class to the event.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 12:28:37 pm »

One good thing about this game: They had a real singer (Renee Fleming) for the National Anthem, bringing some class to the event.

Everywhere but Seattle, it was the highlight of the game.

Peter

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 01:17:14 pm »

^I have a hunch that 10s of millions of hawk fans who don’t live in Seattle would disagree with that comment.

But “class” and “Super Bowl” are not really synonymous. The SB is an incarnation of entertainment for the masses whose sense of taste exists mostly within their mouths.

Vladimirovich

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 01:25:45 pm »

Sadly, the game sucked
indeed... playing in helmets ? seriously ? rugby is the only real one

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 01:27:58 pm »

Sadly, the game sucked for anybody who wasn't a Seahawks fan...

My point to the word!

Peter

Rob C

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 04:10:30 pm »

indeed... playing in helmets ? seriously ? rugby is the only real one

To quote someone else: you cannot be serious!

Heysoos, they can't even figure how to make the ball spherical. Boneheads to a man. Anyway, there's something not quite savoury about all this huggin' and grabbin' and goin' down in another man's arms. And doing it in orgiastic groups is even worse.

;-)

Rob C

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 05:12:05 pm »

Where should the Seahawks go? Just kidding, but what a dumb game. I watch one football game a year and it's the Superbowl and I at least expect some good football and clever commercials - and I got neither. For a really terrific game, you should have watched the Duke-Syracuse BB game on Saturday, one of the best games ever (even though Duke lost).

MrSmith

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 07:37:55 pm »

Rob, Football is played with a round ball. the english invented it and they also invented a game played with an oval ball called Rugby, have you forgotten that? what is this 'soccer' you speak of?
 ::)

Peter McLennan

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2014, 08:39:02 pm »

You naysayers should shaddup and watch the camera work if you don't like the sport.  Those face shots of the quarterback are done with a 1000mm (equivalent) lens. No AF and a DOF of a few inches.

And don't get me started on the magical coverage provided by the cablecam.

Rob C

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2014, 11:52:14 am »

Rob, Football is played with a round ball. the english invented it and they also invented a game played with an oval ball called Rugby, have you forgotten that? what is this 'soccer' you speak of?
 ::)

And there you have it: the perfect chicken/egg situation. Did the oval 'ball' - isn't there something clearly terminologically amiss there? - come first, possibly via the unfortunate event of a puncture, or did the physicality attract so much hot, steamy interest that the egg-like construct had to be designed from scratch in order to provide the rationale for the contact 'sport' in question?

Perhaps we should leave this well alone. I'm going to.

Rob C
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up