Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plugging with the 3880  (Read 808 times)

sunshine1234

Plugging with the 3880
« on: February 02, 2014, 01:07:10 pm »

I've only had my Epson 3880 for 6 months so I've never seen a problem with plugging until now.

Right now i'm assuming that is the problem.

How do I know for sure?

If that is it, how do I fix the problem?

hugowolf

Re: Plugging with the 3880
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 02:06:35 pm »

I've only had my Epson 3880 for 6 months so I've never seen a problem with plugging until now.

Right now i'm assuming that is the problem. How do I know for sure? If that is it, how do I fix the problem?

It might help if you explained the symptoms. How does the problem manifest itself?

Have you done a manual nozzle check print?

Some Guy

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 02:23:34 pm »

Time to do a nozzle check.

Mine plugs at times.  Don't know where the idea the 3880 never clogs up or plugs up comes about.  Usually mine is the Vivid Magenta, and the Matte Black which is mostly unused.  Sometimes one cleaning cycle, let it sit for a few hours, and a second nozzle check shows it clean.

I have 4 printers.  I need to run all of them once a week else one may clog.  Even happens with watery dye ink printers as well.  Personally, I'm a bit leery of Epson for clogging issues over the Canons which have user replaceable heads (Which I've changed out.).  Something Epson needs to address, imho.  I had a wide-bed 13" HP with separate heads for each ink cart, but the cost to replace all heads and all inks was atrocious against the new printer price so it went into the trashcan.

SG

sunshine1234

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 01:51:49 pm »

Thanks for your reply.

I did a nozzle check print and that seemed to take care of the problem….amazing diagnostics on the machine!…….thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up