Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wavey road  (Read 703 times)

leuallen

Wavey road
« on: January 30, 2014, 08:35:18 pm »

Road close to home. Intrigued by the waviness.

Larry

thierrylegros396

Re: Wavey road
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 04:13:41 am »

Remembers me Scotland near Loch Lomond ;) ;)

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 04:20:13 am »

I have mixed feelings about this image.
I like a lot the texture in the foreground and the composition.
But the DoF is so shallow, I sort of feel pushed out of the image when following the road.
Overall I like that the road is getting unsharp in the distance - it just happens to early.
If you have any chance to re-visit the location I'd suggest to re-take the shot and give it sharpness up to the top of the first wave-hill.
I feel sorry to say this, because I can imagine how it could have been and the basic idea behind this image appears very appealing to me.

Cheers
~Chris

francois

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 06:09:45 am »

I have to agree with the depth of field comment. It doesn't seem natural and there's nothing in the image that needs to have such a shallow depth of field. Other than that, I like the concept and framing.
Francois

leuallen

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 06:30:17 am »

Depth of field is tricky on this one. It is shot with m4/3 at f9 with an equivalent focal length of 580mm. I could go to f11 but not much beyond due to diffraction. The focus point I used is already loosing focus at the near edge of the road so if I focused out farther to pick up the first bump I would loose more at the front which I don't think would be good. I agree that the first bump should be in focus. I think that I will revisit and try focus stacking to bring the front into sharp focus to the first bump.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up