Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IQ250 Live View with Fast Moving Subjects  (Read 1096 times)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
IQ250 Live View with Fast Moving Subjects
« on: January 30, 2014, 06:12:13 pm »

Today we were out in Herald Square today testing the IQ250. We were doing a sweep of ISO (same shot at every ISO from 100 to 6400) the merry-go-round that we were shooting began to move. We didn't expect that as it was 26F outside!

But then Lance Schad pointed out that this would make a great challenge for Live View.

You can see the resulting raw footage here:
Phase One IQ250, Live View at merry-go-round

Ken R

Re: IQ250 Live View with Fast Moving Subjects
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 06:30:12 pm »

Today we were out in Herald Square today testing the IQ250. We were doing a sweep of ISO (same shot at every ISO from 100 to 6400) the merry-go-round that we were shooting began to move. We didn't expect that as it was 26F outside!

But then Lance Schad pointed out that this would make a great challenge for Live View.

You can see the resulting raw footage here:
Phase One IQ250, Live View at merry-go-round

Very cool! Thx for posting.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 12:50:05 am »

Definitely looks very useful!  Is the live view working the same in all lighting conditions or does it work best in just some like the older backs?
Rolleiflex USA

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 09:23:14 am »

Definitely looks very useful!  Is the live view working the same in all lighting conditions or does it work best in just some like the older backs?

We will need several days more of testing since "all" is very comprehensive. However, so far I can tell you I have not run into a situation with any significant issues. In very high contrast scenes the back requires a 1-1.5 second adjustment period when you scroll from a very bright area to a very dark area, as it does form of auto-exposure on screen, but this is, to me, not a problem for the use-cases we're describing (focusing, composition, subject arrangement).

I have not tried at night yet, though CI reports they have and were able to focus accurately. I have tried dim city light (after sun was behind buildings) the 100% view was modestly grainy (in the least it was visibly more grainy than in bright light), but refreshed very fast and posed no challenge to fast and accurate focusing.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 03:12:08 pm »

Doug,
Sounds promising!  Thanks!
Eric
Rolleiflex USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up