Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H3DII 39 vs H3D 39 noise performance  (Read 1588 times)

maeda

H3DII 39 vs H3D 39 noise performance
« on: January 30, 2014, 04:10:03 am »

Hi,

I have the project to buy a second hand Hasselblad H3DII39 instead of the H3D39 V1 for the reason that the camera is no more servicing by Hasselblad.
As it seems quite difficult to find the second version in my range budget i'd like to know if the noise performance are better with the second version than with the first (even if i'm probably going to shoot at 50/100 iso)
Most of the time i read that there is practically no differences between the V1 an V2 regarding the IQ quality especially if the IR filter has been changed by V2's version.
Is that really true ?

Thank you !

« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 04:12:10 am by maeda »

bpepz

Re: H3DII 39 vs H3D 39 noise performance
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 06:05:07 am »

I've had a chance to use both for a while. I've done side by side tests, and there is literally ZERO difference in image quality. Even in noise. The IR filter IMHO makes no difference from what I've seen. Also, it is still possible to get a lot still serviced on the H3Ds. I just had sensor glass replaced,  the auxiliary shutter and contacts on the front and back replaced by Hasselblad/Bron in New Jersey on my H3D-39.

The display sucks though, but in an odd way is more "accurate" then the one on the H3DII. Zooming in 100% on the H3DII is very soft looking, and the display tends to add to much contrast. The H3D classic, however small and low resolution, can give a better idea if your image is in focus or not.

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 11:01:23 am »

Hi,

I have the project to buy a second hand Hasselblad H3DII39 instead of the H3D39 V1 for the reason that the camera is no more servicing by Hasselblad.
As it seems quite difficult to find the second version in my range budget i'd like to know if the noise performance are better with the second version than with the first (even if i'm probably going to shoot at 50/100 iso)
Most of the time i read that there is practically no differences between the V1 an V2 regarding the IQ quality especially if the IR filter has been changed by V2's version.
Is that really true ?

Thank you !

The biggest difference the H3D-II IR Filter provides over the H3D is that it reduces flare and ghosting - especially with point light sources.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 11:11:11 am »

The biggest difference the H3D-II IR Filter provides over the H3D is that it reduces flare and ghosting - especially with point light sources.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

Can the part be substituted?

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 12:00:19 pm »

Can the part be substituted?

Edmund

I believe so - and pretty reasonably (around $500 in the USA).

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Wim van Velzen

• http://www.fotografiewimvanvelzen.nl
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 02:47:19 pm »

The older backs might not be serviced by Hasselblad themselves, but there are connected shops that do (I had my 528C back cleaned and the IR filter replaced this month).
I don't have a signature.
Pages: [1]   Go Up