Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows. Photoshop and Scratch Disk ghosts  (Read 1310 times)

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com
Windows. Photoshop and Scratch Disk ghosts
« on: January 29, 2014, 04:18:47 pm »

It happened again today........

So Windows 7 with Photoshop CC and an 160GB internal SSD drive that is used exclusively for scratch. But none of that matters as this has always happened on every Windows computer I have every owned and with every version of Windows OS and Photoshop. We are probably talking about 7-10 computers over the years.

I will assign a dedicated drive as the scratch disk in PS preferences and check it a week later and the setting is back to the C: drive.

Ghosts in the machine? What gives.
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

RickyNZ

Re: Windows. Photoshop and Scratch Disk ghosts
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 02:23:55 am »

I just checked mine, and my newly assigned scratch disk has remained the same (ticked in preferences) - however, c: drive is still marked as default, but I have set it to not be active.

tived

• http://
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 06:45:14 am »

Kirt,

I really doubt that it is a OS problem, unless you restart photoshop after making any changes, they wont be saved.

I use both platforms and its not an issue, even with multiple scratch disks.

Henrik

Farmer

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 03:51:48 pm »

I've never seen this - from, hmm, CS2 or CS3 I think I first put a dedicated scratch drive in.  Now I have CS6 and CC concurrently, Windows 7.

The only thing I can think of is if your scratch drive is for some reason unavailable at the moment PS fires up, so it can't see it, do it defaults back to the root drive?
Phil Brown
Pages: [1]   Go Up