Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CANON IPF8300 AND MAVERICK OS  (Read 2099 times)

craigrudlin

CANON IPF8300 AND MAVERICK OS
« on: January 28, 2014, 02:12:19 pm »

I got the new Mac Pro which comes with Mavericks. I went to use the printer and got a
gadrodclfilter error 3000

Called Canon.  I was told to uninstall all the files.  Install the driver for Mac Os 8, and then the driver
for Mac Os 9 (maverick).  This did not fix the problem.  Canon then basically washed their hands
of the problem claiming it was Apple's fault or I had a corrupted operating system.

Called Apple.  They were able to remotely reload the operating system.  Went back through the
process and was still unable to load the Canon Driver Update for Mac Os Maverick (it kept saying
I had the wrong system software and that it needed 10.9.1--  which is exactly what I have).

In the meantime, I need to make prints!!

Has anyone else had problems with the printer and Mac Os Maverick and/or this filter error 3000, and if so
how did you fix the problem.

Here is the interesting part....  until last night when I tried for the first time since moving to the new Mac Pro
to print a large file (20x30 inch image), I had printed several small files (12x18 inch) with no problem.  All printing
is from either CS6 or the photoshop CC  via the file->print  menu selection.

I appreciate any help and assistance.  Please feel free to email me directly at:   rudlinfineart@gmail.com

THANK YOU!!

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Re: CANON IPF8300 AND MAVERICK OS
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 05:06:56 pm »

Craig, I am regularly printing to an IPF6350, 8300 and 9400 with latest version of Mavericks on a 2012 Mac Pro using the PS plugin in CC.

Recommend you download and try the print plug in. Its a true 16 bit pipe and in my experience the colours are more vibrant with the plug in than the O/S print dialogue. You should also X post this issue to the Canon IPF Wiki in case anyone else has come across it. I personally haven't since I print with the plug in. Might be a good work around for you and if you have the same experience as me you may find it produces even better prints.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 05:27:35 pm »

Works great for me too. You're right - you must 1st install the 10.8 driver, restart, them upgrade with the 10.9 update. In 10.9 it's especially important that you use the Canon Utility to "register" the printer, instead of just hitting the plus button in the Printer's & Fax System Preference pane. In the past you could do it either way but now we must use the Canon Utility for this. Try this and the Print Plug-in as Josh suggested...

Canon needs a native stand-alone 10.9 driver! I hear it's in the works.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

craigrudlin

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 01:55:11 pm »

When I run the driver programs, the canon registration program does NOT start.  This is part of the problem.
Also, where did you get the "plug in" that you mentioned-- I did not see that on the canon USA site.

THANKS

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 02:07:53 pm »

When I run the driver programs, the canon registration program does NOT start.  This is part of the problem.

Goto Applications>CanonUtilities>imagePROGRAFPrinterSetup and launch the app manually then.

Also, where did you get the "plug in" that you mentioned-- I did not see that on the canon USA site.

You're right, this is another thing that Canon isn't doing right. When you have 10.9 selected as your OS, you don't see all the downloads including the Plug-in which is of course completely compatible. Select Mac 10.8 as your OS and look for "iPF8400 imagePROGRAF Print Plug-In for Photoshop/Digital Photo..."
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up