Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New sony sensor of 30mp to be expected?  (Read 7817 times)

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
Re: New sony sensor of 30mp to be expected?
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2014, 10:40:27 am »

i applaud sony's dynamic leadership in this area. Financially the company is trouble with investor;s right now http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/27/technology/sony-downgrade-junk/index.html but i suspect they are large enough to survive that storm.

Theodoros

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2014, 12:04:50 pm »

There have been rumors of a Sony 54MP sensor for some time now, published both at SonyAlphaRumors, and here.  One supposes just as the D3x sensor was co-developed along with the A900/A850 sensor, it might be true that the D4x sensor fundamentals would be shared with other cameras, perhaps after a period of exclusivity.
Where from? …may you post a link of the "rumour" provider? Do you think that any calculator user that can multiply a number by (wrong) 2.25x is a "rumour creator"?  Just answer me my previous question then… "how come and D800's APS-c files are of 15.5mps rather than 16.2 as of D7K…?". May you please post relevant to the O/P instead of ruin a conversation because of "rumours" of yours? …you've already dominated the conversation with irrelevant and "mp count - rumour" posts.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 12:23:36 pm by T.Dascalos »

Theodoros

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2014, 12:12:02 pm »

Apparently, you are in violent non-disagreement with me.
We "disagree" on what? …is your position that D7K's sensor is a cropped version of D800's sensor? …this is not a matter of "opinion" for somebody to disagree with. It's a matter of knowledge…. as simple as that!

Theodoros

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2014, 12:40:14 pm »

i applaud sony's dynamic leadership in this area. Financially the company is trouble with investor;s right now http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/27/technology/sony-downgrade-junk/index.html but i suspect they are large enough to survive that storm.
Haven't you see this happening before Ellis? …Are "Moody's" able to judge imaging consumers needs better than Sony? …Does Moody's (do we?) knows the "end of plan" or how far the progress of it has gone from start? …who would believe it only a month ago? (!!!) …Sony entering the MF market! I don't believe it's as simple as it looks… I don't think of them as so naive to have invested some large amount of money only to develop a sensor for some ultra expensive backs that less than a hundred people will annually buy... ...do you? I think we "see the tree and miss the forest" here...

LKaven

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2014, 04:14:48 pm »

Where from? …may you post a link of the "rumour" provider? Do you think that any calculator user that can multiply a number by (wrong) 2.25x is a "rumour creator"?  Just answer me my previous question then… "how come and D800's APS-c files are of 15.5mps rather than 16.2 as of D7K…?". May you please post relevant to the O/P instead of ruin a conversation because of "rumours" of yours? …you've already dominated the conversation with irrelevant and "mp count - rumour" posts.

Etc., etc...

You didn't read me correctly.  That's ok actually.  A bit too quick on the trigger maybe.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 05:12:14 pm by LKaven »

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2014, 04:59:40 pm »

Haven't you see this happening before Ellis? …Are "Moody's" able to judge imaging consumers needs better than Sony? …Does Moody's (do we?) knows the "end of plan" or how far the progress of it has gone from start? …who would believe it only a month ago? (!!!) …Sony entering the MF market! I don't believe it's as simple as it looks… I don't think of them as so naive to have invested some large amount of money only to develop a sensor for some ultra expensive backs that less than a hundred people will annually buy... ...do you? I think we "see the tree and miss the forest" here...

If I understood correctly, your point seems to be that the Sony small-MF sensor was developped because Sony intends to scale down its technology to FF sensors... but you also seem to doubt the possibility of Sony being interested/able in scaling up smaller sensor technology to larger ones.

I agree that Sony semi-conductor did probably not bother to develop this small-MF sensor for P1/Hassy alone, but my belief is simply that they have other orders for this sensor from other players having committed larger volumes. This could be Pentax, Sony camera, Nikon, Samsung,... or Hassy has decided to sell it at 645D prices...

I also believe that higher mp FF sensors are around the corner, irrelevant of whether they are a simple scale up of the D7100/D5300 or completely new designs. They may be Sony, Toshiba, Nikon designs... and will be used in a D4x, D800x,...

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 05:07:58 pm by BernardLanguillier »

peterottaway

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2014, 06:20:55 pm »

44 x 33 sensor, isn't that the same size as the current Pentax 645D sensor ?

Add a sensor to an improving  EVF technology and you can get a complete rethink and/or collapse of the current MF SLR and camera back concept. It has potential to reduce the cottage industry industry model.

Vladimirovich

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2014, 06:27:40 pm »

If I understood correctly, your point seems to be that the Sony small-MF sensor was developped because Sony intends to scale down its technology to FF sensors... but you also seem to doubt the possibility of Sony being interested/able in scaling up smaller sensor technology to larger ones.
the first EXMOR sensor was APS-C one (in 2007)... not FF (which followed in 2008)... not MF (2014)... so it was smaller -> bigger -> bigger yet

Theodoros

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2014, 06:32:54 pm »

the first EXMOR sensor was APS-C one (in 2007)... not FF (which followed in 2008)... not MF (2014)... so it was smaller -> bigger -> bigger yet
The talk is for scaling, not for sharing technology…
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up