Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help finding a Canadian supplier for HP B9180 cartridges  (Read 1009 times)

dhodson60

Help finding a Canadian supplier for HP B9180 cartridges
« on: January 25, 2014, 11:22:25 pm »

Hi

Can anyone help me find a good Canadian supplier of HP 38 Vivera ink cartridges for my HP B9180?  The US suppliers I found don't ship to Canada so any help would be appreciated.  Actually, any help with respect to this printer would be appreciated.  I'm new to printing and looking to learn.

Thanks
Dave

DougJ

Re: Help finding a Canadian supplier for HP B9180 cartridges
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 11:40:41 pm »

I don't want to rain on your parade, but as far as I know HP no longer supports this printer.

I had one and loved it.  Thought that it would give Epson and Canon a run for market share.  I was wrong for HP bowed out of the market.  When my 9180 developed problems with the "ink carriage" not tracking properly, and I could not get any help from HP, and I had no interest in being my own maintenance techie, I through it in the dumpster and bought an Epson R3000.  And now I no longer miss my 9180.

Ciao,

Doug

dhodson60

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 12:06:40 am »

I'd hate to think I'll have to put it on the shelf next to my Beta.

I bought it a few years ago but stuff got in the way for a while so now I'm trying to pick up where I left off.  Unfortunately HP has moved on.  The printer works great and I really enjoy it (except for the ink situation) so I'd like to use it until it breaks.  I don't know much about re-filling so is that an option?

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Dave

dhodson60

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 01:16:01 am »

I picked up some HP expired cartridges on ebay so hopefully that works out.  Can anybody tell me if refilling is an option with this printer?

Thanks
Dave

Damir

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 03:54:11 am »

Yes, it is option.

Get refillable cartridges and use any Vivera ink in them if you want originals. I use inks that I pull out from empty cartridges from DJ Z3100, there is around 20 ml of ink in empty carts, so I have free ink for B9180. I use same system in B8850. Both of them are working well and I use them when I need to print on small format.

Most usage are for index prints that I use as control prints for exhibition in our gallery and for signs that goes under the pictures on the wall.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 06:15:46 pm by Damir »

KSonde

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 11:33:28 am »

I picked up some HP expired cartridges on ebay so hopefully that works out.  Can anybody tell me if refilling is an option with this printer?

Thanks
Dave

Here is one good source for the refillable cartridges and ink. I have used these in the past (before my 9180 shot craps) and they worked fine.

http://store.inkjetcarts.us/pro-b9180-c777.aspx

Kurt

dhodson60

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 03:44:11 pm »

Thanks for all your help.  Lots of ink coming now - hopefully the printer lasts long enough to use it all.

Thanks again
Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up