Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: freezing  (Read 10659 times)

Jimmy D Uptain

Re: freezing
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2014, 12:44:55 pm »

I run Mountain Lion.

Don't like the color in MP, but never edit there anyway.

Editing wasn't the issue. If I emailed a pic, it would render the emailed pics the same way.
Weird.

Jimmy D Uptain

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2014, 12:59:12 pm »

NEWER UPDATE!!!!!! ;D

There is a new update to Mavericks. 10.9.2
Just came out yesterday I think.
Anyway the sluggish catalog behavior seems to have been rectified.
Time will tell.

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2014, 05:50:07 am »

hi Jimmy,

Glad to hear it.

Make sure you are on 7.2 as well.

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

The View

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2014, 05:04:52 pm »

In my recent experience, C1 Catalog feature isn't quite ready for prime time.
I have decided to just use LR as a catalog/printer and C1 as my editor.
C1 works much better when using sessions.
I too have had issues when swapping between apps.
Just opening the catalog takes much too long. If you happen to get an email while editing, be ready for another delay when tabbing back into C1.
I was watching the Activity monitor while tabbing back and forth. What I found was that C1's CPU usage jumps drastically just switching between apps.
Its as if it has to re-render the images each time.
I disabled APP Nap, but it had no effect. I'm wondering whether the app nap disabler even works.

BTW 2012 Mac Pro 3.33 6 core
24GB Ram
AMD Radeon HD 7950 3072 MB graphics
SSD drive.

How can you get this to work? You can't edit anything in C1 if it's not in the catalog.

Combining different editors and catalogs would be the best solutions, as you can use the great C1 editing and drops its useless and stone around your neck stone age catalog.

Or are you using C1 version 6, which wasn't hampered by this insanely outdated catalog.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

Jimmy D Uptain

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2014, 11:54:59 pm »

How can you get this to work? You can't edit anything in C1 if it's not in the catalog.

Combining different editors and catalogs would be the best solutions, as you can use the great C1 editing and drops its useless and stone around your neck stone age catalog.

Or are you using C1 version 6, which wasn't hampered by this insanely outdated catalog.

C1 pro gives you the option of using sessions without the catalog.
Anyway, I have run into another issue. Lets say I process an image and open it in Photoshop. Once the image is edited in photoshop and saved, it doesn't automatically populate the original catalog.
One would think that the catalog folder would be a "watched" folder. I may be doing something wrong, but really I'm just fed up trying to make this crap work. Plus my final stage is cataloging and or printing and C1 just doesn't cut it in either department.
So now I'm just gonna go back to my old workflow.
1. Ingest, tag and sort with Photo Mechanic
2. Import into Lightroom as a catalog
3. If Lightroom doesn't give me the look I want, export pics to whichever raw convertor I might want to use: PS, NX2, C1
4. Edit pics
5. Import finished tiff file to Lightroom to be cataloged and or printed.

ario

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2014, 01:59:59 am »

If you don't like the CO7 catalog you can use CO7 in sessions same way as with CO6.

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2014, 06:37:57 am »

If you don't like the CO7 catalog you can use CO7 in sessions same way as with CO6.

…or simply use Capture One as a file browser.
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up