Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rodenstock Apo-Sironar Digital 55mm f/4.5  (Read 14299 times)

8x10 user

Re: Rodenstock Apo-Sironar Digital 55mm f/4.5
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2014, 04:03:08 pm »

Are you using a center filter?

I noticed light fall off and greener edges when doing stitched images with a 35mm Apo Sironar Digital and sliding adapter.

So here my hands on experience:

If i do a calibration file for each photo i stitch ( which i have pre saved ) i can go up to 9 stitch of Leaf 22 MP. I end up with some gorgeous 10000 more pix wide files. Basically 4x5 digital.
With te polaroid i have severe falloff even without movement.

It work GREAT for digital, while for 4x5 film is good for portrait or any other application that accept vignetting ( especially when swigged around ) but not for arch.

See example.

8x10 user

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2014, 04:04:30 pm »

According to Rodenstock the optical diagram referenced above is for the 105 mm Apo Sironar Digital.

Lorenzo Pierucci

• Work hard & be nice to people
    • Lorenzo Pierucci Studio
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2014, 10:31:13 pm »

Are you using a center filter?

I noticed light fall off and greener edges when doing stitched images with a 35mm Apo Sironar Digital and sliding adapter.

I used before, but the problem is that it suck up 3 whole stops. It might be not a problem with film but with a 25 ISO digital back is a real pain when shooting at at iso 3. I get way better result shooting without it then applying the right ICC profile for each image in Leaf Capture. Is a bit of work create all the profiles, but once u save them is just a click.

And it take away that green cast. Here a sample of corrected image.

Work hard & be nice to people
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up