Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New P1 Cam coming???  (Read 3827 times)

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Re: New P1 Cam coming???
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 06:56:38 am »

Check out our home page article very soon. 

Kevin Raber
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2014, 02:43:06 am »

I am amazed they haven't done anything with the Rollei/Hy6/Leaf body. When they acquired Leaf, they also got a great camera with fantastic glass.
+1
Rolleiflex USA

Theodoros

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2014, 04:55:27 am »

The only things I dislike about the DF+ are how it takes a rocket scientist to figure out how to set custom functions and how cheap-feeling and overpriced the vertical grip is. It's otherwise quite fine for my style of work.

If there's one thing I want to change about the DF+, I'd probably ask for a better focal plane shutter that can sync at 1/200-1/250s. Will make all those older lenses much more useful.

Oh, and maybe a better texture for the hand grip.
Higher sync shutter, is also what I miss on my Contax 645, if I had 1/250 I wouldn't mind leaf shutter absence at all, I believe that the lower sync on MF 6x4.5 bodies with phocal plane shutters is more a matter of Copal that builds the shutters than the maker… For sync speed to be raised, the shutter curtains have to move on a speed that exceeds the sync speed, Copal did this on 35mm Nikon bodies from the 80s (fe-2, fm-2, fa) by using titanium for the shutter curtains, but it seems that with the extra mass that MF shutters have, the kinetic Energy developed on the shutter curtains is increased to an extend where shutter reliability might be affected negatively by quite a margin… Never the less, modern materials/compounds should provide the solution… I think it is feasible, it will also make lenses cheaper and faster. (and cameras less complex)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up