Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SpectraViewII + DVI + Intel HD4600 or HD4550 + Win8.1 = No Communication  (Read 2398 times)

doug_ramerth

I'm unable to calibrate a a NEC MultiSync LCD2490WUXi2. I have tried all the fixes suggested in this recent post that had a similar issue with a different NEC monitor: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=85432.0

Extensive communication with NEC support came to this conclusion: A Gigabyte HD 4550 graphics card successfully communicates with a NEC MultiSync LCD2490WUXi2 Digital monitor under Win 7 (Core2 Duo PC) but does not communicate under Win 8.1 (Core i7 PC) when using the DVI monitor port. Therefore, NEC suggests I contact AMD/Gigabyte to request a video driver fix. Given that DDC/CI communication works under Win 7 with the Gigabyte card, it should also work with Intel's integrated graphics driver HD 4600 under Win 8.1. Unfortunately, it does not communicate, hence NEC suggests it's an Intel driver issue. All testing was performed with clean OS installs.

Summary:I have two PC builds, two Retail OS licenses, Win7 Prof, Win 8.1 and I've installed the Gigabyte HD 4550 card in both systems. The only configuration that supports DDC/CI communication is Win7 Prof on the Core2 Duo system. Intel HD integrated graphs does not communicate. I'd rather use the newer Core i7 PC with Win 8.1 and integrated graphics; how may i resolve this issue?

Yes, I'm considering installing Win7 Prof on the newer hardware.

If a newer graphics card is a better solution, how can I be certain that what I buy will communicate through the DVI port on this older monitor?

I'm hoping someone has a quick fix that will allow me to resume photo editing in the sRGB color space using the Core i7 with Win 8.1.

Thanks, Doug

PS This question was posted in Computers and Peripherals; it wasn't drawing any replies.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 11:07:16 am by doug_ramerth »
Pages: [1]   Go Up