Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac, Bridge and preview icons.  (Read 861 times)

cocasana

Mac, Bridge and preview icons.
« on: January 21, 2014, 09:40:02 pm »

Hi there. Something I can't understand happens.
I'm working on a Mac (OSX 10.6.8.), with PS 10.0X64, Bridge 6.0.1.6.
I open a Raw file, process it, then I open it in PS, process it saving it with an increasing number name from time to time while going on in PP. When I open the folder that contains the files in Bridge I will be able to see the files preview image and open them without problems.
If I open the folder that contains the same files from the desktop (system) not all files will show their preview, and if I highlight the ones without preview with the mouse the screen window closes/crashes. Any idea?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:36:42 am by cocasana »

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
Re: Mac, Bridge and preview icons.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 10:13:09 am »

You might try running a maintenance script that re-associates files with their respective programs. If there is no finder icon for the file, it may indicate a loss of program link and the LaunchServices database needs to be rebuilt.

Download and run Onyx if you haven't already. It's a free maintenance app.
~ CB

cocasana

Re: Mac, Bridge and preview icons.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 03:05:48 am »

Hi Chris, in the system folder I can see the system's tiff icon, but normally I would be able to see the instead of the tiff icon the preview of the photo. If I highlight with the mouse the icon with the photo preview it will be all right, if I only see the system's tiff icon and I highlight it with the mouse the page will collapse. I guess it can depend on how I save the file (save with layers, compression, ecc). I still didn't have time to experiment, but I will do it today.
Pages: [1]   Go Up