Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson R2880 Can't Find Paper Profile  (Read 4048 times)

Trevor Christensen

Epson R2880 Can't Find Paper Profile
« on: January 21, 2014, 03:47:53 pm »

Hi everyone. I recently bit the bullet and bought my first photo printer, an Epson Stylus Photo R2880. I'm using paper from the Signature Worthy Sample Pack from Epson, specifically I'm using Hot Press Bright.

I'm really excited to try it out, but I haven't been able to make one print yet.

I keep getting this error:

Roll paper or sheet paper is loaded in the Rear manual Feed Slot. Printing has been canceled because a different paper source is selected in the printer driver. Change the paper source setting in the printer driver to match the paper loaded in the printer. See the User's Guide for details.  If you do not want to print on the paper loaded in the printer, remove that paper first. Removal method: Hold down the Roll Paper button for more than three seconds to back the paper out of the printer. If roll paper is loaded in the printer, use the knobs on the roll paper holder to rewind the paper onto the roll. Press the Roll Paper button again.

Problem is, I can't find where I'm supposed to select the paper source.

I've installed the .ICC profiles and they show up here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s2ol1xfiguz0j0a/Screen%20shot%202014-01-21%20at%201.22.03%20PM.png

But not on the dialog in the Print module in Lightroom. Print Settings>Print Settings>Media Type

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybe3310zctoc565/Screen%20shot%202014-01-21%20at%201.22.28%20PM.png

Where I would expect to be able to find the appropriate paper, under Fine Art Paper, all the selections are blanked out (and Hot Press Bright isn't a option anyway.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbsuwygmck03g1j/Screen%20shot%202014-01-21%20at%201.22.32%20PM.png

Things I've tried.

• I used the ColorSync Utility to check if there were any problems with my profiles. There were and I fixed them. I hoped that this would solve that problem, but I'm still getting the same dialogs.
  • I watched a printing in Lightroom video by Adobe, but that video didn't offer any solutions since it's about printing, not setting up a printer.
  • I've tried to print in Photoshop, but have run into the same problems there, since the dialog I'm having trouble with is the same.

So I'm at a loss of what to do. If anyone can offer any guidance I would really appreciate it.

hugowolf

Re: Epson R2880 Can't Find Paper Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 04:18:51 pm »

Actually, you wouldn’t expect them to show up as media types, they are ICC profiles.

When you opened the file containing the profile, it should have also contained a PDF explaining which standard media type to use for each paper. So, for example, for Hot Press(ed) Bright you would use Velvet Fine Art (along with the Hot Press(ed) Bright profile). It is probably the same media setting for all the hot and cold pressed papers.

If you don’t know where the PDFs were installed, run one of the profile installs again, it should tell you which folder it put them in.

Brian A

Trevor Christensen

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 05:13:13 pm »

Brian,

Thanks! That's helpful. So my next problem is that all the options under the Fine Art Paper selection in Lightroom are grayed out and I have no idea how to get those options back.

colinm

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 06:04:26 pm »

Using the Mac drivers, you pick the paper source when you pick your paper size. In most applications this is part and parcel to the print dialog; in Lightroom, you instead configure this from the Page Setup dialog.

It's a little clunky because this isn't the normal way to pick a paper size, but still not too difficult once you know what you're doing.

1. If your R2880 isn't already selected, select it under "Format For". The dialog will otherwise only display universal sizes, not the printer-specific ones you need.

2. Under "Paper Size", select both the paper size and feed path you'd like to use. "Sheet Feeder" is the primary automatic sheet feeder. That's the one you can load a stack of RC paper into. Other options vary with the printer model; "Manual - Roll" is typically used for both roll media and the single-sheet feeder (which feeds through the roll path).

Not all feed options are compatible with all media types, but you should get a more specific error message (along the lines of "selected paper can't be used with selected path") in that case.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 06:08:51 pm by colinm »
Colin

Trevor Christensen

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 02:48:28 am »

That has fixed it! Thank you Colinm and Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up