Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 273   Go Down

Author Topic: Show us some Abstracts!  (Read 722050 times)

John R

Re: Show us some Abstracts!
« Reply #2480 on: November 15, 2017, 11:48:06 am »

Beautiful set!
I agree, a fine set, it is. However, the image with the number does not seem to belong. It kind of makes one think of graffiti, whereas the other images are really abstract.

JR

Peter McLennan

« Reply #2481 on: November 15, 2017, 11:52:54 am »

More playing. These all began life as detail shots of the blades off the town's snow removal trucks and tractors.

Super, all of them.  I've been accused of shooting bulldozer blades in the past, too. :)

John R

« Reply #2482 on: November 15, 2017, 12:01:15 pm »

Interesting Bruce. The clown doll or colorful Raggedy Anne that haunts the church? I have to stop. Maybe next time I will see just lines shapes and colors.

JR

I try to look for better Angels. I like to think they are in there too, somewhere.

Nevertheless, your comment made me wonder: What if I added back in what might be thought of as the Raggedy Anne panel.  I had cleaned the act up.  However, if I moved Raggedy Anne a little to the left...

Bruce
I should not been so cavalier with my comments. I like the colour version best Bruce. Though I seldom look for known motifs in patterns and abstracts, I have become aware they are sometimes there, and that is what I wanted to say. I would rather people not focus on them unless that was my intent. I try to look for patterns and shapes and spatial relationships, so that my abstracts will have some kind of structure to help guide the viewer. Here is one with intent:

Bruce Cox

• flickr
« Reply #2483 on: November 15, 2017, 02:15:03 pm »

Cavalier is OK with me.

The profile I see in your photo, however, seems more classical.

Bruce
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 08:25:57 am by Bruce Cox »

John R

« Reply #2484 on: November 20, 2017, 11:19:03 pm »

I can't recall how this was done, but I have grown to like it, as I like the painterly glow.

JR

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2485 on: November 20, 2017, 11:45:56 pm »

Very classy, John.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

John R

« Reply #2486 on: November 21, 2017, 12:05:54 pm »

I went by these doors again this year, and the building was gone. These resemble barn-like doors and walls, but the place was in fact a repair/sales place of country equipment, like lawn mowers, boats, power stuff.

JR

RobMacKillop

« Reply #2487 on: November 22, 2017, 02:22:21 pm »

Hi guys. I'm quite new here, and loving these abstracts. Here's one from a week or so ago: Well-Weathered Metal. Fuji X-T20, 16-50mm.

John R

« Reply #2488 on: November 22, 2017, 02:29:30 pm »

Hi guys. I'm quite new here, and loving these abstracts. Here's one from a week or so ago: Well-Weathered Metal. Fuji X-T20, 16-50mm.

It reminds me of a slide. This one wants take you down the slope. Nice harmonious colors.

And may I ask, how do like the T20 Fuji?

JR

RobMacKillop

« Reply #2489 on: November 22, 2017, 03:09:25 pm »

I see it as a closed eye, but am reminded that rust never sleeps...

The X-T20: I've only had it for ten days or so, and the lens that came with it is not among Fujinon's better lenses. Despite that, the sensor is excellent, and now that I've bought Iridient Developer, I feel I'm getting a lot out of the camera. Physically, I find it on the small size - my large hands could do with the grip extension, so I might buy that later. I'm saving up to buy the 10-24 ultra wide-angle lens for landscapes - there's talk of Santa paying for half of it, so, fingers crossed.

Rob C

« Reply #2490 on: November 22, 2017, 03:12:28 pm »

I see it as a closed eye, but am reminded that rust never sleeps...

The X-T20: I've only had it for ten days or so, and the lens that came with it is not among Fujinon's better lenses. Despite that, the sensor is excellent, and now that I've bought Iridient Developer, I feel I'm getting a lot out of the camera. Physically, I find it on the small size - my large hands could do with the grip extension, so I might buy that later. I'm saving up to buy the 10-24 ultra wide-angle lens for landscapes - there's talk of Santa paying for half of it, so, fingers crossed.

No, as you said, Christmas was last year.

But you never can tell!

Rob C

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #2491 on: November 22, 2017, 03:29:37 pm »

I love it! Keep 'em coming, Rob!

RobMacKillop

« Reply #2492 on: November 22, 2017, 03:41:49 pm »

Cheers, Eric. I've just been enjoying your landscapes, and also your baroque flute playing - I play baroque lute and theorbo. Sorry to hear about your medical problems. Good luck!

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #2493 on: November 22, 2017, 11:40:03 pm »

Cheers, Eric. I've just been enjoying your landscapes, and also your baroque flute playing - I play baroque lute and theorbo. Sorry to hear about your medical problems. Good luck!
Thanks, Rob. I have three flutes, all made of African blackwood. Two baroque (one plays at A440 or A415, and the other at A415 or A385), and one modern (Boehm system) flute, also wood but with silver keys, modern pitch. I love the woody sound of all three.

Eric

BobDavid

« Reply #2494 on: November 23, 2017, 02:02:32 am »

Well done!

RobMacKillop

« Reply #2495 on: November 23, 2017, 02:53:07 am »

Cheers, Bob.

John R

« Reply #2496 on: November 23, 2017, 09:51:14 am »

I think someone posted something similar, but I can't remember who it was. I kept staring at these shadows for days after I cleaned the cupboards. I thought it was too symmetrical to be interesting but relented when the shadows cast at oblique angles.

JR

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #2497 on: November 24, 2017, 01:22:17 pm »

Very appealing!

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #2498 on: November 24, 2017, 01:24:45 pm »

I think someone posted something similar, but I can't remember who it was. I kept staring at these shadows for days after I cleaned the cupboards. I thought it was too symmetrical to be interesting but relented when the shadows cast at oblique angles.

JR

T'weren't me, but I've shot similar. I don't recall CLEANING the cupboards before or after though.  :-[

John R

« Reply #2499 on: November 24, 2017, 11:13:58 pm »

I was trying to find out your name, John, so I looked at your website and found that some people think you have "rocks in your head." If I enter anything abstract or non-representational in my club, it seldom does well. But I am not changing. Wonderful site with great images BTW.

Here is the same image that I started to play with. Nothing special, but playing helps the creative juices flow.

JR

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 273   Go Up