Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji X-T1 news  (Read 66720 times)

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
Re: Fuji X-T1 news
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2014, 03:43:45 pm »

Jeremy, if you're waiting for flawless you'll be waiting a while. I don't think any of the cameras of any type I've ever used has been flawless, though my F3HP was close.

This week I did two commercial shoots with my Fujis and the results were exactly what the clients wanted and needed. None of the CSCs is perfect, but they can certainly deliver.

PS . I like the three heads in a drawer portrait on your site.
I'm not waiting for flawless. I just used the term because if one was indeed flawless, then that would then make the choice from the sudden plethora of really good, small cameras a lot easier. All kit is flawed in some way, it's just whether the flaws make a tangible difference. Currently the X-T1 fashion styling takes away from its usability [though potentially fixable with firmware updates], so the OMD is still in the running.

Glad you like the Cabaret Verboten shot. ;D
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

armand

• Photos
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2014, 07:31:22 pm »

So the rumors were right and Adobe added the Fuji color profiles. From what I see on dpreview they are not quite right but better than the default.

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2014, 03:12:50 am »

My X-T1 arrived today. I'd forgotten how small these cameras are without a lens attached.
I had a play with one a few weeks ago, but that gave no indication of how configurable this camera really is.
That's my evenings gone for a few days.  :)

Rob C

« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2014, 09:05:06 am »

My X-T1 arrived today. I'd forgotten how small these cameras are without a lens attached.
I had a play with one a few weeks ago, but that gave no indication of how configurable this camera really is.
That's my evenings gone for a few days.  :)

Wot, no camp fires?

(Enjoy your new camera.)

;-)

Rob C

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2014, 01:30:14 pm »

So the rumors were right and Adobe added the Fuji color profiles. From what I see on dpreview they are not quite right but better than the default.

Is there a release candidate for LR that has the profiles also?  Or just ACR for now.  I can pull them down for CS6 but would prefer to stay in LR.

Thanks
Paul C. 
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2014, 04:14:15 pm »

Just ACR at the moment....

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

XE11

« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2014, 08:08:15 am »

sorry not being clear. i was referring to the skin tone of S3 pro and S5 pro. the S3 was amazing, but as resolution race steamed ahead, s5 was the next stop. S5 skintone wasnt as good, but still has some of the best skin tone (especially for asian) even by today standard in my opinion.

JV

« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2014, 09:15:35 pm »

Received mine today from B&H.  Had ordered on the first day that you could pre-order.

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2014, 12:05:28 am »

Mine should be here on Friday from Adorama, looking forward to using it this weekend.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

armand

• Photos
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2014, 12:34:17 am »

Friday here also, from amazon. I ordered many days if not weeks after it was available for preorder.
Now if the software could catch up ...

jjj

« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2014, 07:54:18 am »

The new ACR RC and DNG Convertor RC can use it Armand. So you're in luck if you use Adobe software.
Link above/previous page.

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2014, 09:28:06 am »

Also Armand, there are several other raw processors that support the X-t1 already, photoninja, Iridient, and some other dcraw based converters. I am really hoping Capture One does not drag their feet too much.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2014, 09:47:12 am »

The problem with both LR and Capture One is both are nearing a new release level and Capture One just updated to 7.2.  LR may go to 5.4, but I checked and so far there is no release canditate for 5.4. 

The dng support works for LR 5.3, but of course Capture One won't load a dng (never did understand that expect that Leica uses that format, which is short sighted IMO). 

It might be possible to edit the exif on the X-T1 files to X-E2, but not sure if there aren't some things unique to the X-T1 that might get lost.  I tried a few exif editors last night, but none I found (windows) would edit the title for X-T1 and or they didn't support the raf file type.

If anyone knows of a editor that will edit this info, please pass it on.

Paul C.
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

jjj

« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2014, 10:02:59 am »

The dng support works for LR 5.3, but of course Capture One won't load a dng (never did understand that expect that Leica uses that format, which is short sighted IMO). 
It doesn't!?  ???  That smacks of petty decision making, rather than anything else.

JV

« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2014, 11:30:03 am »

I have licenses for both Iridient and SilkyPix (version 5).

Both already added support for the X-T1.

I agree on the short-sightedness of Phase One...

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2014, 01:10:57 pm »

The problem with both LR and Capture One is both are nearing a new release level and Capture One just updated to 7.2.  LR may go to 5.4, but I checked and so far there is no release canditate for 5.4. 

I would imagine there will be a Lightroom 5.4 and the reason for no RC is that they will just integrate the new ACR with the profiles. But that is pure speculation, either that are they are going to go to CC updates only, who knows.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2014, 02:27:26 pm »

Hopefully Adobe will stick to the gameplan and still allow paid upgrades for LR if they don't it will force me to the CC.  I don't need CC as CS6 does me just fine.

Paul C.
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2014, 10:41:34 am »

One further note.  I was able to edit the exif on a X-T1 file using exiftool, the windoes GUI version thanks to a tip from Graham Welland.  Exiftool by itself is command line, and I am not that good with command line anymore.  However there is an excellent GUI that you can download that uses exiftool and allows you to see the file in a excel like look.

All that has to be done is edit out the camera name, from X-T1 to X-E2.  It's the same sensor.  Capture One will now open the files and it looks great with the X-E2 profile.  All the other info works fine, i.e. aperture, lens info, WB, etc. 

This is only a work around, but I don't think Capture One will be getting around to another update from 7.2 for a while.  Maybe wrong, but I base this on their usual timeline.

Paul C.
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

jjj

« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2014, 10:46:56 am »

All that has to be done is edit out the camera name, from X-T1 to X-E2.  It's the same sensor.  Capture One will now open the files and it looks great with the X-E2 profile.  All the other info works fine, i.e. aperture, lens info, WB, etc. 
Folks at Adobe have complained about this 'new' raw file nonsense as usually it isn't new at all, just an old one with a very slightly different label. Plus Adobe etc usually get the blame when their software doesn't work with a new camera that came out some time after their software was written, a camera that has deliberately broken compatibility at that.

Rob C

« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2014, 01:34:39 pm »

Do you guys remember when all same-format films fitted all same-format cameras?

Rob C
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up