Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji X-T1 news  (Read 66748 times)

barryfitzgerald

Re: Fuji X-T1 news
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2014, 07:10:23 am »

With my X-E1 I just let the camera underexpose at 6400 if necessary and then bring up the exposure in post. Works fine. I'd guess even 6400 is a mathematical "ISO" anyway, so what's a little more math? As to why Fuji doesn't let you choose 12800 or even 25600 in RAW mode...not a clue.

-Dave-

6400 is probably enough it just seems strange.
Looking at the raw files on the Xtrans sensor there is very little noise there even at high ISO levels.
Likely some under the hood pre processing going on there to raw files

Petrus

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2014, 09:34:42 am »

JPEGs at higher ISOs than 6400 are likely to be underexposed 6400 ISO frames anyway. If you want to shoot 12800 or 25600 ISO just shoot 6400 ISO RAW and underexpose one to two stops.

armand

• Photos
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2014, 04:40:43 pm »

I'm playing with the last pre-release of PhotoNinja and while the colors are not better the detail it's actually quite good compared to LR which needs to step up. For some images probably doesn't make a big difference especially if not printed large but that's no reason why it shouldn't be better.

First it's one where despite my best efforts I cannot get rid of the plasticky look in LR.
In the second it's where you can see the default highlight recovery from PhotoNinja. I could push it much more in LR but still unlikely to get close, I suspect the PN calculates and "makes up" the blown highlights from the surrounding information.

PS. these are 100% crops

armand

• Photos
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2014, 02:48:18 pm »

Vladimirovich

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2014, 04:32:48 pm »

I'm playing with the last pre-release of PhotoNinja and while the colors are not better the detail it's actually quite good compared to LR which needs to step up.
those are not details but artecfacts from sharpening in PN... not bad for a visual impression (that is a part of their marketing strategy), but please do not call that "details"...

armand

• Photos
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2014, 08:26:30 pm »

those are not details but artecfacts from sharpening in PN... not bad for a visual impression (that is a part of their marketing strategy), but please do not call that "details"...

I'm not that skilled to figure it out what they are but they do look more realistic than LR in which the sample posted it's about as good as I can come up with, even if I oversharpen I cannot come up with anything close. Honestly I was less interested in detail but I wanted to make it look less watercolor.
And while I'm at it how do you know/ what makes you call those artifacts and not real detail?

I'm attaching also the ooc jpeg. If anyone is interested I can link the original raf to see if you can come up with better detail, or at least avoid the watercolor.

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2014, 03:58:45 pm »

There are a ton of positive reviews on line about the X-T1, I was kind of curious if DigitalRev was going to take a look, and it appears that Kai Wong has indeed looked at the camera and the review was surprisingly serious compared to many of his other reviews....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N1-obUC7Ms&feature=share&list=UUuw8B6Uv0cMWtV5vbNpeH_A

I enjoy some of the reviews that he has done in the past, most are pretty entertaining but useful.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2014, 05:46:18 pm »

My X-T1 arrived today.  Now the fun begins.  I really like what I see so far.  I'll be taking it to Vegas in 10 days and I'll put it through the grinder while there.  Now I am waiting for the 10-24 and 58mm lenses. 
More to come.

Kevin Raber
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

JV

« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2014, 08:51:05 pm »

Kevin,

Where did you order?  B&H still lists beginning of March and Amazon February 24th.

Thanks, Joris.

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2014, 01:01:08 am »

My X-T1 arrived today.  Now the fun begins.  I really like what I see so far.  I'll be taking it to Vegas in 10 days and I'll put it through the grinder while there.  Now I am waiting for the 10-24 and 58mm lenses. 
More to come.

Kevin Raber

The question is:
Will it blend?

Have fun !
Cheers
~Chris

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2014, 07:56:38 am »

I ordered and picked up my Fuji X-T1 yesterday at Roberts Cameras in Indianapolis.  They are local for me and are one of those hidden jewels. If you can't find it at one of the bigs guys then you may be surprised and find it here. 
Kevin
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2014, 10:48:21 am »

Kevin,

Very cool looking forward to your articles on the camera, I can hardly wait till mine arrives.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2014, 11:33:33 am »

I've been looking for a small high quality camera to complement my heftier kit [as have many others] for years and suddenly we're drowning in choice. It used to be a case of pick the least compromised small camera and now I'd like to have several of them as they are all so good, though sadly none are flawless as that would make the decision too easy.  ;D
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Christoph C. Feldhaim

« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2014, 12:12:53 pm »

I've been looking for a small high quality camera to complement my heftier kit [as have many others] for years and suddenly we're drowning in choice. It used to be a case of pick the least compromised small camera and now I'd like to have several of them as they are all so good, though sadly none are flawless as that would make the decision too easy.  ;D

Get an X-T1 or X-E2 and wait for the flawless X-Pro 2 ...

XE11

« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2014, 02:48:45 pm »

i started back in S3 days, then S5. then my eyesight drops like a stone, i could no longer do manual focus, can barely see clearly though the viewfinder. lost interest around 2009, but never sold the kit.

some time last year, i tried the X-pro 1 and XE1 when it came out. bought the XE1 since it was so small and light compared to traditional dslr. and the EVF allows me to see again, so started to take photos again.

but since xe1, fuji launched so many models. no doubt XT1 is the best of the bunch, but i must say, i dont think in terms of final output, XE1 is still going strong.

but the question is.... is it just my eyesight or fuji never quite re-capture the skin tone they were once famous for?

JV

« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2014, 07:22:46 pm »

Get an X-T1 or X-E2 and wait for the flawless X-Pro 2 ...

Or buy an X-E1 with the 18-55mm for $719 (Best Buy).  Damned good value for money as well!

Christoph C. Feldhaim

« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2014, 01:36:22 am »

.... is it just my eyesight or fuji never quite re-capture the skin tone they were once famous for?

Are you referring to film?

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2014, 10:47:32 am »

Thanks for the suggestions, but the cameras have flaws that I consider problematic or are not suited to my needs, so hardly a must buy.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Harald L

« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2014, 01:16:47 pm »

Just waiting for Capture One is supporting X-T1...
Glad to be an amateur

Michael N. Meyer

• Michael Nathaniel Meyer Freelance
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2014, 01:49:17 pm »

Jeremy, if you're waiting for flawless you'll be waiting a while. I don't think any of the cameras of any type I've ever used has been flawless, though my F3HP was close.

This week I did two commercial shoots with my Fujis and the results were exactly what the clients wanted and needed. None of the CSCs is perfect, but they can certainly deliver.

PS . I like the three heads in a drawer portrait on your site.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up