Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streets of E Europe  (Read 878 times)

cjogo

Streets of E Europe
« on: January 20, 2014, 02:18:45 pm »

Just a simple capture -- tone and lines ....

Bruce Cox

• flickr
Re: Streets of E Europe
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 05:15:53 pm »

I asume this to be a minority opinion, but it bothers me that the verticals do not seem to converge here, where the angle of view is evidently far from level.
If the building were brand new and the idea of the design were the photo's story, it would be one thing, but a weathered building that is becoming its self is what we have.

cjogo

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 10:35:56 pm »

I guess " a weathered building that is becoming its self"  is what was selling in the galleries for me > at that time. Certainly a new building would not draw any interest to my clientele.

I searched every trip for buildings just like this -- hours a day > searching the small towns /back alleys. 

Might not be correct in lines -- but I had the tripod up as high as possible --barely able to look through the finder -- 150mm lens .. starting to drizzle .. one shot only.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:40:08 pm by cjogo »

cjogo

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 10:50:04 pm »

Been trying to capture as much "different" architecture from each district of buildings ...sometimes you just can't shoot straight on -- I'm coming from a background of view cameras ..so know the corrections necessary.  These are 120 cameras & CS did not exist yet -- corrected the best we could in the field. 

cjogo

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 11:11:24 pm »

Preserving the worlds architecture  >>> one corner at a time <<

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 11:57:29 pm »

I love the "classic" film images you post, Cjogo. They illustrate over and over again that good seeing is much more important than fancy equipment or manipulation in software.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 12:19:33 am »

I love the "classic" film images you post, Cjogo. They illustrate over and over again that good seeing is much more important than fancy equipment or manipulation in software.

That is so true.

cjogo

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 12:29:37 am »

thanks everyone  -- the fancy post wasn't even in the future ... the art of seeing  ~~ was before you ever clicked that shutter ..  Your soul was open :: to show your contact sheets to your colleagues > when you gathered every few weeks to show your work.

cjogo

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 12:37:59 am »

When the streets got crowded in the afternoons -- I would head to the neighborhood cemeteries ~!   
Pages: [1]   Go Up