Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how do i get the highest possible quality images from FastStone image viewer.  (Read 1434 times)

superqaz

hi

id like to get how do i get the highest possible quality images from FastStone image viewer.

i simply don't have the time, before pix must be submitted in a couple of days, to learn another program so im stuck with this one.

i need to convert large raw files [cannon D40] to best quality images as they are going to be printed at a large size, the printer wants them in pdf format which i will batch convert to. plus i will need them later for printing on photo paper at A3 size

also i have not sharpened them in the camera [set to 0] how much should i let faststone sharpen without going overboard like so many

Am i correct in thinking that a RAW file can not be sharpened in camera?

file size and time taken is not an issue

am converting the raw with faststone. do not want another software as i am learning Capture one but not this time

using latest version of faststone viewer

thanks if anyone can help
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 02:59:23 pm by superqaz »

PhotoEcosse

Can't help with the Faststone query (never heard of it) but just to confirm that Raw files are not affected by in-camera settings such as sharpening, colour balance, scene modes or anything else. All Raw files will require some degree of sharpening in post-exposure processing and I would assume that Faststone, like most other Raw converters (Lightroom, ACR, etc) will apply a default amount of sharpening upon import.
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

superqaz

Can't help with the Faststone query (never heard of it) but just to confirm that Raw files are not affected by in-camera settings such as sharpening, colour balance, scene modes or anything else. All Raw files will require some degree of sharpening in post-exposure processing and I would assume that Faststone, like most other Raw converters (Lightroom, ACR, etc) will apply a default amount of sharpening upon import.

thanks for confirming that, i thought that might be the case.....i found the other info i needed too so i have everything now
Pages: [1]   Go Up