Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No camera profiles for D90 and D80 files in ACR 8.2?  (Read 8317 times)

Phrynosoma

No camera profiles for D90 and D80 files in ACR 8.2?
« on: January 19, 2014, 10:34:22 pm »

Hello,

I recently bought in to Adobe's Creative Cloud and downloaded the latest version of Photoshop, which comes with Camera Raw 8.2. I love the new process and everything about the new Photoshop, however, when I went to re-edit some older images taken with a Nikon D80 and D90, there were no profiles to be found under the camera calibration tab. What gives? My only option for D90 files is "ACR 4.6" and "ACR 4.4 and 3.6" for the D80 files. Where are all the rest? What am I missing?

Thanks a ton for any insight.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: No camera profiles for D90 and D80 files in ACR 8.2?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 11:40:13 pm »

Well, since ACR 8.3 is the most recent version, perhaps you should update?

Phrynosoma

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 02:14:29 am »

Just updated to the latest version and still having the same problem. Strangely, the assorted camera profiles are there in Lightroom, but are nowhere to be found in ACR. I hate Lightroom, so am still looking for a solution to this....

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
Gerald J Skrocki

Phrynosoma

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 02:57:25 pm »

Figured it out. The D80 and D90 files/folders were missing from the CameraRaw folder, for some unexplained reason. I downloaded the latest DNG converter, which filled in the missing gaps.

Still don't understand how this happened, but oh well.

Some Guy

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 01:22:47 pm »

Figured it out. The D80 and D90 files/folders were missing from the CameraRaw folder, for some unexplained reason. I downloaded the latest DNG converter, which filled in the missing gaps.

Still don't understand how this happened, but oh well.

Was this with a Mac?  Just asking because I was reading someone who lost their personal ICM print profiles on a recent Mavericks upgrade.  The factory ones were still there, but their own ones they made were gone.  Does seem odd as to why though.

SG

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 07:49:09 pm »

Sounds like an incomplete installation of the Camera Raw plug-in.  Normally when ACR is installed (e.g., 8.2, 8.3, etc.) the color profiles should get installed as well.  Apparently, that doesn't actually happen in some cases.  Ugh.

The workaround, as you discovered, is to use the DNG Converter installer (which also installs the same set of profiles).  That will guarantee the profiles will be available (for both DNG Converter and the Camera Raw plug-in).
Eric Chan
Pages: [1]   Go Up