Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Baleshare Beach  (Read 1008 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Baleshare Beach
« on: January 19, 2014, 06:25:37 am »

Not wanting to hijack Vieri's thread about the beautiful Isle of Eigg and the views towards the Isle of Rum, I mentioned another view of Rum from North Uist at Baleshare beach, so having dug through some of my images taken at Baleshare beach from last year, I found this one to illustrate what I was talking about - you can see Rum off in the distance.

We spent all afternoon on this beach and saw no one, then as we came back to the car, a local was walking his dog down to the beach, we said Hi and he replied "it's busy today" and kept on walking past us, smiling.

Update - my wife tells me that this is in fact not the isle of Rum you can see off in the distance, but South Uist... my geography never was very good it seems  ;D

Dave
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 07:14:00 am by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Re: Baleshare Beach
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 09:38:39 am »

Beautiful photograph, Dave. Very light and airy. I just Google-mapped North Uist. Looks spectacular. Google Maps even mentions a North Uist United FC. Well, if it has a football club, it must be a happening place!!

While we're swapping photos of the Hebrides - one of the most beautiful places in the world that's "off the radar", so to speak - here's a photograph I made a few years ago looking directly north from Ardnamurchan. I've always assumed it's the Isle of Muck in the foreground of the background with Rum on the left and Eigg on the right of the far background.

Update = spelling corrections.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 09:41:04 am by luxborealis »
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 12:50:12 pm »

Terry, according to my wife Ann (the font of all knowledge in the geography of this area it seems) you are most probably correct.

Excellent shot BTW, very atmospheric and I imagine this is a shot that is proudly hanging on your wall at home  :)

Dave

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 06:19:13 pm »

Excellent shot BTW, very atmospheric and I imagine this is a shot that is proudly hanging on your wall at home  :)
Dave

Guess I had better "order a print" and find some wall space as it is not yet there. Thanks, Dave!
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up