Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: lines in 11880 print  (Read 7830 times)

alifatemi

• ali fatemi photography
Re: lines in 11880 print
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2014, 10:40:23 pm »

Why are you blaming the support techs for something in your environment about which they have no knowledge or control?

They have to make a basic assumption that you are connected to a functioning, working, power supply (be it UPS or otherwise).  You know what happens when you start telling customers that the reason their product (any product) isn't working is because of the environment or some other piece of equipment they are using?  99% of the time they get defensive, upset, angry and start telling you to take long walks off short piers.

It's a lose/lose situation, so without clear evidence (like a UPS that's screaming because it has a fault), they have to assume it's something wrong with the printer.  It sucks, and perhaps you wouldn't have reacted badly to being told it might be something else (and sure, there are good ways and bad ways of going down that path) but at the end of the day, it's the responsibility of the user/owner to ensure that everything else is up to scratch before calling and saying "hey, I think your product is faulty, please come and fix it".

That can be very difficult, we're most of us not experts in these things, but these are commercial products and there is an expectation that you have suitably expert advice to call upon.

Honestly I sympathise with the issues and I think your whole approach to fixing it and posting up etc is great - this really isn't directed at you, per se, but I see it so often I just can't let it pass without comment to balance up the view.

Phil, I totally understand  your logic here and accept it but my point is first, why they order to change expensive main board($1200) when they can't find any fault in it (or they are not experienced and knowledgeable to check it correctly) and second, even if problem is with main board, why ordering a new one should take this long assuming that most 11880 printers are working in professional environment were owner have lots of contract with customers waiting for their prints to deliver on time, some of them preparing for exhibition with very close deadline? I think the correct sequence  to finding  such a fault is when the technician can't recognize the problem, he should start systematically from printer power supply and check the input and output voltage of its components then step by step moves to next parts. they did not check the power supply at all, if they had done it, I am sure they could have found that there is a problem in input voltage; that's what I expect from Epson technician as a professional.  Regarding other friends' comment on UPS that should work properly even with faulty battery,I have contacted the vendor and waiting for their reply, but I have to mention that even with those bad batteries, printer and computers connected to it were working as usual and UPS could supply them and keep them working but it seems just when UPS was under high current demand, output deficiency was showing itself as noise in printer head, triggering those parallel lines but in normal use of UPS, one could not sense any problem with UPS, it maybe gets back to every UPS design topology that vary from one manufacturer to another that's why various UPS reaction to such a situation is quite deferent but I'll post here UPS maker feedback as soon as I get their reply. I still really hope that that problem was because of UPS and never shows itself again! Thanks everybody here for commenting ...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 02:59:05 pm by alifatemi »

Farmer

Re: lines in 11880 print
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2014, 11:31:58 pm »

There are many reasons they may have suspected a mainboard, not least of which the fault didn't suggest to them (with their knowledge) that it might be a power issue.  Indeed, from what you're saying, it was only at certain times and the rest of the time the UPS performed normally - so it's possible that they wouldn't have noticed an issue with the power anyway.

Honestly, I would have asked the technician why he thought it was the mainboard, because otherwise we're just guessing.

As to availability?  Again, no idea - you'd need to ask the technician.  Unfortunately, things do go wrong at times - mis-deliveries, out of stock due to unforseen issues and so on.  The best starting point is to put the questions directly to the people involved, rather than guessing :-)
Phil Brown
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up