Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: When will Hasselblad release a new CFV back?  (Read 13083 times)

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
Re: When will Hasselblad release a new CFV back?
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2014, 01:16:41 am »

But then again P1 could be collaborating with Canon and that could explain why Canon hasn't released anything exciting in 5 years. Sony is much bigger than Canon.

Eduardo

And if Sony made the sensors for cheap, then Hassy could put Phase out of business :)
This is actually not impossible, because Sony could run other chips on the same wafers.

Edmund

torger

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2014, 08:41:23 am »

But then again P1 could be collaborating with Canon and that could explain why Canon hasn't released anything exciting in 5 years. Sony is much bigger than Canon.

Canon has been busy releasing new video cameras. Medium format is probably not much of a moneymaker business for either Sony or Canon. I don't know how the deal went through with Hasselblad and Sony but I doubt that it was Sony that approached Hasselblad :).

Theodoros

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2014, 10:20:23 am »

Canon has been busy releasing new video cameras. Medium format is probably not much of a moneymaker business for either Sony or Canon. I don't know how the deal went through with Hasselblad and Sony but I doubt that it was Sony that approached Hasselblad :).
I doubt if the deal with Sony ever reached the head of the sales department of Sony... ::) maybe it was some clerk that signed for …some dousines of sensors annually!  :o What is the life expectancy of the "lunar"?  :D Jokes apart, the sales are expected to be ….Stellar!  :P
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:29:52 am by T.Dascalos »

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2014, 12:55:58 am »

Indeed, MF is not a money-maker but it could be just a matter of prestige to keep selling millions of dslr's and milcs for the company that holds the title of producing the finest camera on earth. Hasselblad had that title though mainly because one astronaut decided to take it onto orbit. In fact, Rolleis were more advanced and probably better made. PR is paramount in this business. Or it used to be.
Canon-PhaseOne-RolleiHy6. Or Canon-RolleiHy6. Or Canon-PhaseOne. I'd be selling my soul!
Eduardo

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 01:00:47 am by uaiomex »

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2014, 01:06:22 am »

Hi,

It is a rumor. May be a probable rumor.

A question is if it is economically feasible, but I guess that Sony can make those sensors cheaper than TrueSense can, even if would think that more masks are used for CMOS.

Best regards
Erik

I don't know how the deal went through with Hasselblad and Sony but I doubt that it was Sony that approached Hasselblad :).
Erik Kaffehr

torger

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2014, 02:50:36 am »

Canon-PhaseOne-RolleiHy6. Or Canon-RolleiHy6. Or Canon-PhaseOne. I'd be selling my soul!

Canon surely has the technology to make large sensors, they do now and then for various concepts. They've already made a conceptual huge CMOS for ultra-low-light photography. However while being excellent at high ISO what they don't have is the dynamic range and tonality at base ISO which would be very important for a medium format camera. Sony is still in a class of their own in that respect, and even ancient Kodak/Dalsa CCDs are better. Hopefully that will change sooner rather than later.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up