Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Postion of Print on Paper with Epson 9880, OS X 10.9.1 and LR 5.3  (Read 1017 times)

jsch

Hi,

once upon a time I changed from printing with PS to LR because the position of the print was where it should be. Now with OS X 10.9.1 and LR 5.3 the prints have an offset on my 9880 (v9.0 (447)) - the print preview was OK. Anyone with the same experience?

I ruined 8 sheets of expensive papers, because I didn't check them when the came out of the printer.

Thank you,
Johannes

francois

Re: Postion of Print on Paper with Epson 9880, OS X 10.9.1 and LR 5.3
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 05:18:03 am »

Johannes ,
Did your problem happened after a software update?

I already experienced a similar issue but with an Epson 3800 printer. I can't remember exactly what triggered the issue [either a major Lightroom update or more probably a system update… really not sure about that]  but using my print presets always produced offset prints. I had to go through every print preset, making sure that everything was OK (and choosing again every settings) and then update them. After that, my prints were centered.
Now, when I'm updating system software or Lightroom, I always print a few test sheets using presets. I use a cheap paper and only print a very thin (approx. 1 mm)  black rectangle. This way, I waste a minimal amount of ink.

HTH
Francois

francois

Re: Postion of Print on Paper with Epson 9880, OS X 10.9.1 and LR 5.3
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 10:39:19 am »

I can't tell whether an update was responsible or not. I print with 5 different printers and everywhere happens annoying stuff. A samsung network printer for example says paper jam from day one, but it prints fine. Other printers say ink is almost empty, even if there are new tanks installed. I ignore that.

My workaround is that I created custom formats with identical borders. This solved the issue but it is still annoying.

Thank you,
Best,
Johannes

Johannes,
Have you tried to reset the printing system? Having all those different issues seems weird.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up