Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson R3000 problem  (Read 1388 times)

MarcG

Epson R3000 problem
« on: January 16, 2014, 04:26:48 am »

I bought a secondhand R3000.
The problem is that it normally hangs on startup - at the Energystar splash screen.

On a few occasions I have managed to get it started - I don't really know why this has happened - and on those occasions I have managed to carry out nozzle cleaning, head alignment and even get it to print.
It us connected by USB.  However, when I try to get it to talk to the Network, it hangs and when I restart it, it hangs.  It probably hangs 90 times out of a hundred.

Anyone any ideas please.
Thanks

I.T. Supplies

Re: Epson R3000 problem
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 11:08:01 am »

When you connect it via USB, make sure that you've installed any updates available before switching to ethernet.  Wireless ability should also work as I've had no connection problems with ethernet.  If you are connecting to a network, you will need to make sure that the IP address isn't being used with another printer as this may cause the printer to not boot properly.

Otherwise, you can verify this issue if it continues with Epson's technical dept.  562-276-7272

MarcG

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 11:21:12 am »

Thanks for this.
Yes, I have installed all updates.  I never get as far as getting an IP address allocated because it hangs - and normally it hangs before it has gotten more that 10 seconds into its POST.

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 05:22:44 am »

I have one R3000 and she is very slow at start-up. This is normal :) Sometimes you need to wait over 2 minutes before she start printing.
The PRO series are more quick ;)
Kind Regards -  Hulyss Bowman | hulyssbowman.com |
Pages: [1]   Go Up