Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 6D Review after 1+ Year [video review]  (Read 11843 times)

Vladimirovich

Re: Canon 6D Review after 1+ Year [video review]
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2014, 11:43:17 am »

You do know about manual override, right?
I do, but see - there is no need for that with my cameras

mahleu

• 500px
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2014, 12:51:36 pm »

I've been considering a 6D or a used 1DSIII as an upgrade to my aging 1DIII. I love the build of the 1 series cameras (I do a lot of newspaper work which isn't gentle) but I also like shooting where it's dark. Nice review, at least it's taken the 5DIII out of the running (which it was anyway due to cost).

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2014, 01:54:04 pm »

I agree that the 6D is very nice for the money.

One thing I do not like so much is, for handheld shooting, it is even easier to knock the thumbwheel out of position from where you have set it and also the shutter wheel has less resistance, making it somewhat easier to knock out of position as well. I still prefer the old school positions of shutter and aperture controls that would stay where you set them when shooting hand held. Only the Leica and the new Nikon dslr (with certain lenses) still have this I believe.

allegretto

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2014, 09:12:05 am »

yes, I cannot understand the flak Nikon is getting over the locks on their wheels. Wish I had them. In this era of "button machines" so many times I've taken the picture with a "wrong" setting

It's as though when you're walking around you have to check a few things (Mode, exp. comp., Ap etc. depending upon the camera) to be sure you haven inadvertently changed a setting. That's on of the reasons I like the M240 for walking around. Very little to get out of join, but the shutter dial is vulnerable to a small extent.

I agree that the 6D is very nice for the money.

One thing I do not like so much is, for handheld shooting, it is even easier to knock the thumbwheel out of position from where you have set it and also the shutter wheel has less resistance, making it somewhat easier to knock out of position as well. I still prefer the old school positions of shutter and aperture controls that would stay where you set them when shooting hand held. Only the Leica and the new Nikon dslr (with certain lenses) still have this I believe.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up