Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saving TIFFs from LR that have been edited in PS and brought back to LR....  (Read 1571 times)

Dinarius

I've been editing RAW Canon files in LR.

I'm then exporting them to CS6 for editing and then bringing them back into LR as TIFFs.

My problem is this...

When I do the final save from LR, the TIFFs are tiny - about 4Mb. They should be 120Mb/16bit.

I don't think I've changed anything.

Why is this?

Thanks.

D.

Denis de Gannes

Have you made a crop in Lightroom or PS? Make sure you have 16bit depth selected in your preferences for "external editing" if you are using this for sending the file to PS. See csreen capture.
Equip: iMac (Ret. 5K,27"Mid 2015),macOS 10.15.6

Dinarius

Denis,

You were right.

I had made a crop in LR a few days ago when saving out images for web and forgot to change it back.

Thanks.

D.

JeanMichel

Hi,
Cropping in LR does not change the size of the file since the crop is merely an instruction and can be changed at will. A crop in PS combined with "Image Size" is what will result in an small or ginourmous file. Whenever possible, which in my case is most of the time, I adjust my images (DNG from Leica and CR2 from Canon) in LR and print from there: 4 by 6 inches or 20 by 30 inches from the same file.
Jean-Michel

Denis de Gannes

Hi,
Cropping in LR does not change the size of the file since the crop is merely an instruction and can be changed at will. A crop in PS combined with "Image Size" is what will result in an small or ginourmous file. Whenever possible, which in my case is most of the time, I adjust my images (DNG from Leica and CR2 from Canon) in LR and print from there: 4 by 6 inches or 20 by 30 inches from the same file.
Jean-Michel
If he cropped the file in LR it will not change the Original File. If he sends a copy to edit in PS with LR adjustments the file that is sent to PS will not contain the full file just the cropped portion.
Equip: iMac (Ret. 5K,27"Mid 2015),macOS 10.15.6

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs

You don't need to "save" the tiffs after editing in LR. That's not how LR works. The tiff you saved from Photoshop will sit there on your disk, unchanged, and the edits you made in LR will be kept in the LR catalog, separate.

Exporting is different. You can specify a smaller file size (image dimensions).
Pages: [1]   Go Up