Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lack of Leaf reviews on this website recently  (Read 856 times)

synn

• My fine art portfolio
Lack of Leaf reviews on this website recently
« on: January 14, 2014, 11:00:23 pm »

The review of the H5D-60 got me thinking; I haven't seen a Leaf review on this site since quite some time. The later gen Aptus II backs did not get much coverage and the Credos didn't get anything at all.

With Hasselblad, I understand the friction the company had with Michael in the past (That fence has since been mended, thankfully), but as far as I understand, PhaseOne management is very co-operative with LuLa, so getting a review unit wouldn't be too hard.

As a long time Leaf admirer and a very recent Leaf owner, I would like to see the brand get some decent coverage here as well. :)
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Re: Lack of Leaf reviews on this website recently
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 11:28:43 pm »

I agree.  The Aptus II 7,10, and 12 R versions were quite unique with the revolving sensor and articulating touch screen.   Really quite useful for the square bodies and tech cameras and not too much said about them.
Rolleiflex USA

Williamson Images

• http://www.williamsonimages.com
Re: Lack of Leaf reviews on this website recently
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 10:19:09 pm »

I just purchased a new Leaf Credo 80 for my work in late Dec.  It will be used on my cambo wide RS with Schneider tilt swing glass (60mm, 120mm and likely a new rodie wide replacing my 28 super digitar) and on a Hassy H4x (50mmII, 100, 150).

I previously owned an Aptus II 10 on a Contax 645 both now gone.  My shot counter on that back was at 20,000.  I'll try to beat that handily with the Credo.  I really love the Leaf Color and tone, ease of use with the new touch screen and nice files.  I like the longer exposure possibilities of the Credo 80 (2 min) over the Aptus (32 sec).  The company and their people are very responsive and supportive. 

I tried to write a comparative review on the Aptus II 12 vs the 10 a ways back but work got heated up and just never stopped, which is a very good thing. 

I'll try to put some thoughts together with examples at Capture Integration's blog and here after the next several assignments. 

I'm sure there are many more new Credo and Aptus users since Jan 1 that can chime in.

Best.

Robb
-------------------------
Robb Williamson
www.williamsonimages.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up