Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar 54 & AFD+ (or other AF MF body)  (Read 922 times)

jejes

Sinar 54 & AFD+ (or other AF MF body)
« on: January 14, 2014, 06:29:01 pm »

Hello, I'm a spanish photographer and i work with P3 and Sinar 54H. Mostly I do studio products, but now i'm taking some portraits. Wich system do you recomend to me. I want it Autofocus, because it's more confortable to me. I have a Rollei6008 Integral but it hasn't AF.

Please show me options.

Theodoros

Re: Sinar 54 & AFD+ (or other AF MF body)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 06:53:23 pm »

Hello, I'm a spanish photographer and i work with P3 and Sinar 54H. Mostly I do studio products, but now i'm taking some portraits. Wich system do you recomend to me. I want it Autofocus, because it's more confortable to me. I have a Rollei6008 Integral but it hasn't AF.

Please show me options.
How strange… why use an MS back for portraits? Do you also do MS?  If I was you and didn't do MS, I would look to sell the combination (P3 + 54H) which I believe it will be easier to sell combined than if you split (the market for tethered only 22mp backs is very limited and Zinar software support hasn't got the best of reputation, also… 54H adapters are getting very hard to find) and get me a Leica S/S2… although all Hassy, Leaf or P1 will do a great job. In case you go for 4:3 ratio, the 44x33 backs are preferable for portraiture, due to better LL performance. Mind you that with Leica, all Hassy and all Contax 645 lenses keep their AF functioning via dedicated adapters… more adapters are rumoured to come. (there are roumors for Rollei adapter too)

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 07:20:52 pm »

Please show me options.

If you want to retain your Sinar back and shoot portraits, a Hy6 body is your best bet. It's a very nice body and there are several happy owners here.

If you wanna start all over again; with strong tethering support, PhaseOne/Leaf/Mamiya and Hasselblad are your top choices.

The Phamiyaleaf ecosystem allows the most  options to mix and match. Personally, I like Leaf colors the best for portraits.

The Hasselblad system has a great autofocus system if you shoot shallow depth of field portraits.

If you don't mind a 3:2 crop and don't really require the modularity of an MF system or strong tethering, a Leica S2 is a good option.

If you're on a budget and again, don't miss the modularity bit, a Pentax 645D is hard to beat for value for money.
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

Kumar

• http://www.bskumarphotography.com
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 12:00:41 am »

Mostly I do studio products, but now i'm taking some portraits.

You've got the best tools for most of your work. Unless you're working with CMV lenses, you could add an appropriate adapter to your P3/Sinarback 54H, and use the same back with the AF body of your choice for portraiture. You would have to use this combination tethered only, but you already know that. Or get a compltely different solution for portraits - some more $$$ for an extra back.

Kumar
Pages: [1]   Go Up