Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3880 Printer Size Issues  (Read 1628 times)

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
Epson 3880 Printer Size Issues
« on: January 13, 2014, 11:52:25 am »

Currently using the Epson 3880 connected to an Apple Macbook Pro 15" Retain Display (June 2012). Using light room 5.3 with OS X Version 10.9.1. Never have had any issues with the 3880 when it came to printing until today. When trying to print 12x18 on 17x22 paper it keeps printing at 8x10 in size in the corner.  Been printing 12x18 prints for weeks with no issues. But now all of a sudden no matter what settings I use I end up with an 8x10 print on a 17x22 paper size. Anyone have any ideal what maybe the issue?

Farmer

Re: Epson 3880 Printer Size Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 05:18:58 pm »

The first thing I recommend with OS X is to check to make sure you haven't had an Apple auto update recently that has applied the Apple supplied driver instead of the one from the Epson site directly.
Phil Brown

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 05:24:03 pm »

You can tell if Apple’s driver is interfering easily by selecting print settings where you should see all of Epson’s paper type’s available. 

As far as the problem you describe, are you using a default size, or a custom size?  weird things like this happen if you transpose your length and width sizes in the custom size setup box. 

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 05:44:26 pm »

Phil & Wayne,

Thank you both for replying.

Really have no ideal why this issue all of a sudden happened. Phil maybe you may have hit on something about the update. What I ended up doing was to just uninstall the current 3880 driver and reinstall the newest driver from the Epson site. After doing that all seems to be back to normal. Go figure.

Stu

Farmer

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 11:32:08 pm »

Apple updates are stealthy and dangerous to printers :-)
Phil Brown

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 07:30:59 pm »

Apple updates are stealthy and dangerous to printers :-)
yes.  If the mac wants a system software update, you always need to pick the "more" option to see exactly what components are being updated, and if you see an Epson printer update, be sure to right click on the update and tell it to hide it, or just pick the individual components to update ignoring that one.

howardm

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 07:38:00 am »

I had exactly this odd problem (3800, iMac 10.8.4) a few months ago using standard size paper (17x22 or was it 13x19?).  Lightroom showed the proper print module preview etc etc but when ink went to paper, it printed something like 8x10 or less on the sheet.  I also thought it was the classic portrait vs landscape setting which I sometimes get wrong.

Reloading the driver (same version) and reinstantiating the printer cleared the problem also.  I never let software update just run w/o checking for printer driver updates.
Pages: [1]   Go Up