Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleting Moved Files from Catalog  (Read 1395 times)

hubell

Deleting Moved Files from Catalog
« on: January 12, 2014, 05:51:12 pm »

I have deliberately deleted a number of photos from my HD that were referenced in my C1 7 catalog and the photos still show up in the C1 catalog as if they are still on my HD. I deleted them using my LR catalog. How I do get these photos to stop showing up in the C1 catalog?

allegretto

Re: Deleting Moved Files from Catalog
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 09:49:02 am »

this can happen if you bulk delete them and you are not in C1. The smaller images (~2.5M) are still in the catalog. You must delete them from the catalog inside C1

Note; this is a guess. Always use the program these days (LR or C1) to move or delete files and don't get this to happen. But it's worth a try, no downside. Yes, I hate that "image offline" thingy at the top.

hubell

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 02:05:12 pm »

I did remove them from within my "real" catalog in LR. I have been removing the smaller images that are still stuck inside my C1 catalog one at a time. Very time consuming. C1 7 won't let me select a bunch of them at a time and batch delete them. One at a time...one a time..one at a time.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 02:09:00 pm »

Sounds like you are using C1 in [Edit Primary] rather than [Edit Selected] mode:

http://help.phaseone.com/en/CO7/Optimizing-Your-Workflow/Workflow-tips.aspx#item8

hubell

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 06:08:29 pm »

Thanks, Doug. I will try that tonight. I think the terminology is not great. I think of a variant as another version of the same digital file that has been adjusted differently. If I select two or more files by Command Clicking them, I know  that one has a bright white border around it and is the "active" file, but I would not have thought of the other files as "Variants".
Is there a way to search and filter for files that are no longer found and have the question mark up top in the viewer?
Pages: [1]   Go Up