Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where Can I Buy an Older Version of C1 Pro?  (Read 5434 times)

Juanito

• John Raymond Mireles
Where Can I Buy an Older Version of C1 Pro?
« on: January 12, 2014, 12:45:42 pm »

As I mentioned in another thread, I've had to abandon my new MBP Retina in favor of a 2006 MBP with Mountain Lion OS. I don't currently own C1 but would like to purchase it for use with my older Mac. It's too old too work with the current version (7) of C1 so I'm wondering if I can pick up version 5 or maybe 6 somewhere without paying the full price for 7. I've done a little hunting on the web but so far nothing. Any suggestions? Anyone have a copy for sale? (Not a bootleg.)

John

bcooter

Re: Where Can I Buy an Older Version of C1 Pro?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 12:57:27 pm »

As I mentioned in another thread, I've had to abandon my new MBP Retina in favor of a 2006 MBP with Mountain Lion OS. I don't currently own C1 but would like to purchase it for use with my older Mac. It's too old too work with the current version (7) of C1 so I'm wondering if I can pick up version 5 or maybe 6 somewhere without paying the full price for 7. I've done a little hunting on the web but so far nothing. Any suggestions? Anyone have a copy for sale? (Not a bootleg.)

John

http://www.phaseone.com/Downloads/Capture-One-6.aspx

Juanito

• John Raymond Mireles
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 01:41:15 pm »

Thanks but the only option I see for purchasing on the website is for the full version of C1 Pro 7. Was hoping there might be some second hand copies of the older software out there.

John

Chris Livsey

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 04:23:21 pm »

But Capture One Pro V7 runs happily on 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) so 10.8 should not be an issue at all.

Download the trial and check but my elderly MacBookPro, stuck at that release runs it, well walks really.

Apple® Macintosh® minimum requirements
• Intel Core 2TM Duo or better.
• 4GBofRAM
• 10 GB of free hard disk space
• Calibrated color monitor with 1280 x 800, 24 bit resolution at 96dpi screen ruling
• Mac OS X 10.8.2, 10.7.5, 10.6.8 or later
• Flash is required to view the intro video
• An Internet connection when activating Capture One
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 04:25:05 pm by Chris Livsey »

bcooter

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 09:12:32 pm »

Thanks but the only option I see for purchasing on the website is for the full version of C1 Pro 7. Was hoping there might be some second hand copies of the older software out there.

John

That's one of the issues c1 7, it takes a lot of power.  I believe from the graphics card.

I've heard from some users that phase has not been highly cooperative on this but that's just hearsay.

I'd contact Steve Hendrix at capture integration or Doug at dt and they might be able to help you, or start searching the web.

BC

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 10:24:48 pm »

But Capture One Pro V7 runs happily on 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) so 10.8 should not be an issue at all.

I strongly recommend against using Capture One v7 on 10.6.8.

On some such systems the results are ok, but in others the results are very buggy.

10.6 is, at this point, a legacy OS and I suggest running any new/current software on it unless you have specific reason to believe it will be stable and happy..

Doug Peterson

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 10:28:01 pm »

Phase is pretty smart about licenses IMO.

- You can reset your activations yourself from the website 24/7 with no help line or phone call
- Every license is for 2 computers (since it's pretty normal you have both a laptop and a workstation)
- Every new version is given as a $99 upgrade to the previous version's owners, even if they skip a version
- They have expressed they have no desire to move to a cloud/rental system like Adobe
- Every license is valid for the previous versions, in case you need to run a legacy station
- Every license is tied to an email address upon first use, so if you lose the license you can always find it in your account

So you can buy a v7 license and install/run v6 with it. But as far as saving money by finding somewhere selling v6 I can't help. We upgrade all of our inventory licenses whenever a new version is released. I imagine if you scour the internet long enough you might find an eBay sale or such for v6 that would save you maybe $70-$90 from the current [$299-Discount] price of v7.

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 10:38:13 pm »

Sorry to hijack the thread, but Doug, is there any upgrade policy for a C1 Express v6 owner to C1 Pro 7?
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

Doug Peterson

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 10:47:00 pm »

Sorry to hijack the thread, but Doug, is there any upgrade policy for a C1 Express v6 owner to C1 Pro 7?

Yep, it's right there with all the other purchase options...
http://www.phaseone.com/en/Online-Store/Capture-One-Pro-7/Upgrade.aspx

US $249 instead of $299.

Or contact your local dealer, especially if you want to consolidate it with other licenses you already have.

It's not much of a discount I'll grant you, but Express is only $99 retail, is often on sale at 10-30% off, and is often given out free at events or as part of promotions/raffles. So you can't expect it to give much towards an upgrade to pro.

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 10:55:56 pm »

Yep, it's right there with all the other purchase options...
http://www.phaseone.com/en/Online-Store/Capture-One-Pro-7/Upgrade.aspx

US $249 instead of $299.

Or contact your local dealer, especially if you want to consolidate it with other licenses you already have.

It's not much of a discount I'll grant you, but Express is only $99 retail, is often on sale at 10-30% off, and is often given out free at events or as part of promotions/raffles. So you can't expect it to give much towards an upgrade to pro.

Thanks for that!

Yep, it's not much of a discount, but as you said, it's a fair deal for an upgrade from an already cheap product.
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

bcooter

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 09:21:55 am »

Phase is pretty smart about licenses IMO.

I guess so.

Juanito, send me a PM on this site and I'll send you a link to v 5.1 download I have, though I'll bet you 5 bucks Steve Hendrix of Capture Integration will sell you version 6.

Give him a call.

If that doesn't work, download my v5.1 and maybe Phase will be kind enough to sell you a serial number.

IMO

BC
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:27:08 am by bcooter »

Doug Peterson

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 09:34:28 am »

Juanito, send me a PM on this site and I'll send you a link to v 5.1 download I have [...]
---
If that doesn't work, download my v5.1 and maybe Phase will be kind enough to sell you a serial number.

No need for a PM (though it's a very nice offer), Phase One has all the previous versions on their software archive ready for immediate public download. In addition, we have a Capture One software archive as does CI.

http://www.phaseone.com/en/Downloads/Software-Archive.aspx

If Steve, or any other dealer, has a v6 license on their shelf I'm sure they'd be glad to sell it to you. We (Digital Transitions) do not have any such licenses in inventory.

And Phase (and any P1 dealer) is very glad to sell you a serial number that will work with 5.1 Pro. It will actually be $100 less than v5 cost when it was being sold as new (C1 used to be $399 for a 2-seat license, now it is $299). It's just it will also work with v7 or v6.

To explain why I think this is very, very fair - imagine if when you bought Windows 8 it came with Windows XP and Windows 7 at no additional cost. And you could reset the license, yourself, 24/7, without access to the computer in question. And it cost $100 less than Windows XP did.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:48:00 am by Doug Peterson »

Chris Livsey

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 01:02:59 pm »

I strongly recommend against using Capture One v7 on 10.6.8.

On some such systems the results are ok, but in others the results are very buggy.

10.6 is, at this point, a legacy OS and I suggest running any new/current software on it unless you have specific reason to believe it will be stable and happy..

I should qualify my post to say it runs satisfactorily for me as an amateur not relying in it for income. I do run it with all other programs closed down and have yet, pushing my luck now, not had a crash or freeze or found "bugs". I also import a relatively small number of images at a time. I am aware the O/S is legacy but this Mac is not able to run higher O/S releases.

Juanito

• John Raymond Mireles
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 01:11:52 pm »

Thanks for the offer for the link. I've downloaded V.5 of C1 Pro directly off their site and it's working great on my computer. V.7 won't work with my processor. I tried installing V.7 at first but I received an error message in the process.  

I'll probably cough up the money for the V.7 license before too long. Just feeling frugal right now so I was hoping that there were old versions floating around like I see with Photoshop. Guess not.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up