Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3100 Reseat Printhead  (Read 1933 times)

Ian99

HP Z3100 Reseat Printhead
« on: January 10, 2014, 06:19:16 pm »

This is just a “heads up” for Z users.
Sooner or later you will be faced with the error message “Reseat XX printhead”.

The web is full of complaints regarding people who have reseated the heads repeatedly with no result. Replacing the heads sometimes works.

Recently I was faced with a Reseat message that would not go away no matter how much I burnished the contacts or replaced heads, so in desperation I dug a bit further to check out the connection between the ribbon cable which contacts the printhead and the PCA board itself.

I found that the connector on the PCA board was loose and the connector clamp was in the “rolled down” not-clamping position. Re-inserting the ribbon cable and applying the clamp rectified the problem.

This carriage assembly had not been worked on previously and was either in that condition from the factory or else it had worked loose on its own.
This is a fairly drastic repair given the difficult of getting to the connector, but it is worth considering if all else fails.

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
Re: HP Z3100 Reseat Printhead
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 11:20:58 am »

Thanks for the very informative post!

That is a classic example of the "problem" appearing as one thing but it is really the cable that connects the device to the controller. Sometimes it’s both. Sucks when that happens.

gstar2002

• G-FOTO (in german)
Re: HP Z3100 Reseat Printhead
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 02:30:05 pm »

I am in the same situation for weeks now.
I replaced several times, bought a new head, cleaned contacts etc.
But no success.  :'(

So maybe I should start your operation too.
Did you disassemble the whole Carriage PCA?
Pages: [1]   Go Up