Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]   Go Down

Author Topic: So how is that Subscription Service working out for Adobe?  (Read 155863 times)

michael

Re: So how is that Subscription Service working out for Adobe?
« Reply #660 on: May 16, 2014, 09:21:30 am »

OK guys, enough.

Gratuitous profanity is inappropriate here, just as it would be at someones dining room table.

Also, let's stop the pissing contests.

Michael

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #661 on: May 16, 2014, 09:21:58 am »

And do you really think that using the Olde English spelling of the word ‘bullshyte’ is in some way less offensive than typing the modern version ? The gist and connotation are clear, the modern day version no different, and the tenor is the same. There’s zero ambiguity.  If, by your reasoning, BFD is acceptable, then typing the initialism 'ef-u' would be equally acceptable. It isn't. None of them are.

Short answer:  ban all offensive terminology, whether it be the written word or a thinly disguised provocation - spare me the 'euphemistic deformation' bit, and let's leave out both lexical semantics and the sanctimonious babble.
Exactly. And you can be more offensive with attitude than by using 'naughty' words.
I usually tend to save 'bad' language for the hitting one's thumb with a hammer type scenario, then I find it very useful and cathartic indeed. Use it all the time and it simply gets boring. But I find it utterly baffling that people even get offended by a word. It's just a sound, it cannot harm you in any way. Even dafter is when a word [or sound] which is fine when say describing a male bird is somehow then rude if taking about part of a man. Bonkers. Particularly that an arbitrary part of your anatomy can be offensive and other bits are just fine and dandy. But obviously not dangly!  ;)

As I mentioned above on the local city forum for my area, swearing or masked swearing such as BFD is treated the same. The reason, there is no difference, because the meaning is exactly the same.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #662 on: May 16, 2014, 09:33:01 am »

Gratuitous profanity is inappropriate here, ......, let's stop the pissing contests.
Own goal eh?

jjj

« Reply #663 on: May 16, 2014, 09:44:28 am »

Speaking for others again, typical. Yes, BFD, put this entire nonsense into some perspective. You maybe, couldn't use a piece of software for a day to crop you little photo's. You know what a BFD is? You're undergoing brain surgery and as the surgeon is cutting into your brain, the power goes out. You're flying at 32 thousand feet and two engines go out. The rail train that passes your home derails with tanks of Bakken oil. Those are BFDs! Wound? So tired of your drama queen rants aimed at getting out the pitchfork and axes towards Adobe because maybe, something goes down and you can't launch Photoshop to retouch a zit on one of your little pictures. Get a grip, it's just a piece of software and if you can't backup it's use for a day, then yes BFD! I can't get cell services in my hotel room this week: Oh the horrors, the horrors!
It not 'just a piece of software' it's an essential tool for running one's business. And to some people this indeed very important, even if you don't care.

"This is ruining my business. Adobe did not send out one email to notify me about this being down. I found out from my clients....Call For Entry was closing and I have lost potentially thousands of dollars. So angry and after this will not be using Adobe products again. I just want to get my data and then I am switching to stack which is way better then Adobe Form Central"

"How bad is this for your business and mine? The site has been down all day! My clients cannot open the forms I am sending. Seriously? What about people working with a deadline today that are relying on their online subscription with Adobe? Total business fiasco! We should be informed as to the reason for this complete lock-out from their website and the use of any of their software services subscribed to. I am grateful that today is not my deadline. I work with regulated deadlines and if this happened on one of those days I would be fined thousands of dollars with no recourse."

"'I'm having the same issue now (15 May 2015).
The solutions i found online were not effective. I used Adobe's Tech chat, and was told it's a "login outage." Nothing i can do. I have work to do, and deadlines TODAY, but the ridiculous 'customer service' person gave me the same rhetoric as the dry cleaner and parking lot attendant in Seinfeld: "we ask that you please bear with us."
Bear with them. For "TWENTY FOUR HOURS," while they work on the problem. I mentioned that i would miss professional deadlines and would likely lose a $40k/year client, and the response was that they would credit me for FIVE DAYS of my subscription. That's like $8..... Comforting"

"I have two design projects tied to data from Formscentral that are scheduled to close Tomorrow. My users are all freaking out that the online form is offline. Really crappy timing Adobe."

BTW, I could open and use my CC programmes as it happens and because I have 2 CC subs that are on different cycles, it's unlikely that I'll be ever be caught by a couple of days outage. And I do not have it in for Adobe as you seem to think. Though I do think CC's implementation could have been managed much better.

jjj

« Reply #664 on: May 16, 2014, 09:46:30 am »

Own goal eh?

Ah yes, that would considering as swearing here in the UK Michael.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #665 on: May 16, 2014, 09:56:00 am »

Get a life kids...

Perhaps those who need to hyperventilate about Adobe's CC subscription service could now do so in the Coffee Corner

Yesterday's 'outage' speaks for itself IMO

Topic locked
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 11:43:15 am by Chris Sanderson »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]   Go Up