Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34   Go Down

Author Topic: So how is that Subscription Service working out for Adobe?  (Read 155995 times)

Rick Popham

• http://
Re: So how is that Subscription Service working out for Adobe?
« Reply #220 on: February 05, 2014, 01:19:03 pm »

I think the whole point is that it doesn't matter any longer what anyone thinks - it's a matter of "fait accompli".   There is no longer a choice.

I'm not suggesting that I'm in favour of the subscription model, I'm suggesting that the milk is spilled . . . . . .

So... Adobe has customers who are subscribers, but are unhappy with the model (or not "in favour" of it).  I see this a lot, and in fact I am now in this situation.  It doesn't matter what we think?  Adobe doesn't care? Why do I keep getting surveys from Adobe ASKING me what I think?

chez

« Reply #221 on: February 05, 2014, 01:32:41 pm »

So... Adobe has customers who are subscribers, but are unhappy with the model (or not "in favour" of it).  I see this a lot, and in fact I am now in this situation.  It doesn't matter what we think?  Adobe doesn't care? Why do I keep getting surveys from Adobe ASKING me what I think?

I'm not happy with my phone subscription. I'm not happy with my Internet subscription. I'm not happy with my TV subscription. I chose them diligently, I use them...and I move on. I don't endlessly complain about them. I do raise my head from time to time to see what competition there is...but then duck down and proceed with life.

Constantly complaining about something you don't like does no good for you or others. If you don't like something so much that you need to constantly complain, I suggest you remove that item from your life and replace it with something else.

Rick Popham

• http://
« Reply #222 on: February 05, 2014, 03:07:42 pm »

I'm not happy with my phone subscription. I'm not happy with my Internet subscription. I'm not happy with my TV subscription. I chose them diligently, I use them...and I move on. I don't endlessly complain about them. I do raise my head from time to time to see what competition there is...but then duck down and proceed with life.

Constantly complaining about something you don't like does no good for you or others. If you don't like something so much that you need to constantly complain, I suggest you remove that item from your life and replace it with something else.

I've noticed that there IS something you endlessly complain about  ::)  ...just sayin'

dseelig

« Reply #223 on: February 05, 2014, 03:19:27 pm »

Well Chez if you think trying to say something about things you do not like I guess once again, we would still have slaves no minimum wage women would not vote and on and on. I guess you do not know anything about history.

ButchM

« Reply #224 on: February 05, 2014, 03:23:43 pm »

I've noticed that there IS something you endlessly complain about  ::)  ...just sayin'

;)

ButchM

« Reply #225 on: February 05, 2014, 03:28:40 pm »

If you don't like something so much that you need to constantly complain, I suggest you remove that item from your life and replace it with something else.

I just simply don't place much importance on your advice ... It's a bit of a double standard ...

chez

« Reply #226 on: February 05, 2014, 04:25:58 pm »

I just simply don't place much importance on your advice ... It's a bit of a double standard ...

Butch...really don't care what you do with my advice as its obvious you just love to complain. I've seen it over and over...same thing...over and over.

As long as you are happy do it...no sweat off my back. Just save a bit of time in the day between complaints to enjoy your photography. Like I said, life's too short to be obsessed with something you don't like. Just use something you like and be happy.

chez

« Reply #227 on: February 05, 2014, 04:27:16 pm »

Well Chez if you think trying to say something about things you do not like I guess once again, we would still have slaves no minimum wage women would not vote and on and on. I guess you do not know anything about history.

Little dramatic no? Should all the female photoshoppers take off their bras and burn them?  :D

Glenn NK

« Reply #228 on: February 05, 2014, 06:10:57 pm »

You might have heard this one:

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"  Reinhold Niebuhr
Economics:  the study of achieving infinite growth with finite resources

dseelig

« Reply #229 on: February 06, 2014, 01:58:25 am »

If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem. Do not remember who said it but it is true

Simon Garrett

« Reply #230 on: February 06, 2014, 04:16:32 am »

If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem. Do not remember who said it but it is true

It's a slight misquote from Eldridge Cleaver. 

However, it's usually more accurate to say:

If you are not part of my solution you are part of my problem.

It's a matter of perspective.

dseelig

« Reply #231 on: February 06, 2014, 11:59:18 am »

During the 60s after Eldridge Cleaver it was a popular button with how I quoted it amongst the anti war crowd. thanks though for giving its origins.
David

Stephane Desnault

« Reply #232 on: February 13, 2014, 11:26:48 am »

Little dramatic no? Should all the female photoshoppers take off their bras and burn them?  :D

Can I be the one taking the pictures :) - If it helps, I can promise to process them only in DxO.

PhotoEcosse

« Reply #233 on: February 13, 2014, 11:43:01 am »

They certainly could if they so wished.. They can simply use the transform tool to provide the uplift they desire.
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #234 on: February 13, 2014, 11:55:55 am »

Fact: John Nack leaving Adobe to Google... Any speculation on the motives?

He got an subscription with Google   ;)
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

yaredna

« Reply #235 on: February 15, 2014, 09:01:01 am »

He got head hunted...happens all the time in Silicon Valley. Not sure how you could possibly see some sort of ulterior motive to somebody who gets a better job? John's a friend (known him since he started at Adobe), married with two kids and just like anybody, looked to advance his career. A former Photoshop engineering manager and a former Camera Raw engineer already work at Google and Apple has head hunted several former Photoshop & Lightroom engineers. So what? On average, people change jobs about 11 times in their lives...

Note, if you want to try to read tea leaves, it helps if know a little something about tea.

Jeff, with all due respect, you are very defensive here. What are your views and speculation on GOOGLE's MOTIVES, not  Nack's?

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #236 on: February 15, 2014, 10:22:33 am »

a friend subscribing to PS CC just reported:

PS 14.2.  A notice to update was sitting in my Creative Cloud app when I returned from Australia this week.  I'm currently doing my 4th re-install.  PS CC just quits immediately upon loading. This is on an I7 PC with 12 gigs of ram, a 2 T c: drive, and a 3 T data drive.  Win 7.

One drawback from downloading from the cloud is that you don't have ready access to a previous, working version of the software.

this type of problem is one reason why I haven't pulled the trigger.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 10:24:12 am by LesPalenik »

MichaelEzra

• https://www.michaelezra.com
« Reply #237 on: February 15, 2014, 03:42:42 pm »

It is getting pretty annoying that to open photoshop I once in a while need to re-login to the cloud.
Also, the popup to complete my registration details keeps coming up, although I have completed it numerously...
This is on Win7x64
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 03:44:30 pm by MichaelEzra »

MikeChambers

« Reply #238 on: February 15, 2014, 04:13:14 pm »

It is getting pretty annoying that to open photoshop I once in a while need to re-login to the cloud.
Also, the popup to complete my registration details keeps coming up, although I have completed it numerously...
This is on Win7x64

If you can send me an email at mesh@adobe.com, I can put you in touch with someone who can help figure out what is going on.

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #239 on: February 15, 2014, 07:31:37 pm »

Jeff, with all due respect, you are very defensive here.

You are welcome to your opinion (regardless of how wrong you are).
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34   Go Up