Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34   Go Down

Author Topic: So how is that Subscription Service working out for Adobe?  (Read 156034 times)

MikeChambers

Re: So how is that Subscription Service working out for Adobe?
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2014, 04:16:52 pm »

What I don't like: Adobe's systems are pretty poor.  Their customer management and billing systems are unreliable and inconsistent, and can easily get confused, leaving the customer to chase Adobe to put things right (billing doesn't happen, so you lose use of the software, or you get billed twice, or can't change a credit card...). 

I just wanted to leave a quick note, and acknowledge the issues you point out. You are 100% right. Elevating customer experience to be a top priority is something we have focused on for this year. And yes, you could argue it should always be THE top priority (and I agree), but in the past we have often made trade offs between customer experience and things like time to market, promotions, the business, etc...

Anyways, I just wanted to leave a comment and let you know that we understand the experience isn't always the best (on the site, and in the apps, promotions, etc...), and we are working to create a culture that ensures that customer experience is THE primary thing we are focusing on internally. This is one of THE top priorities for the Creative Cloud team.

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com

Leszek Piotrowski

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2014, 07:29:50 pm »

Mike...

Good to hear our concerns regarding customer support are being heard and addressed. Personally, I would already have acquired LR5 CC,... but haven,t yet ,.. not necessarily because of the monthly costs being too high for me,  nor that my LR5 software isn't performing to my satisfaction, but simply because I don't particularly look forward to dealing with issues regarding my Adobe account (security/protection) nor from issues regarding online software downloads and updates, etc..  Case in point, I need to uninstall and reinstall PS CS6 for all PS CS6 updates and have needed to cancel my credit card.  If I may so humbly suggest that Adobe should have gotten the customer user experienced "perfected" before and not after launching CC subscription. I guess I still have until end of February to acquire LR/PS cc, providing Adobe can improve their user experience by then.
Leszek, G

ButchM

« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2014, 11:02:30 pm »

Mike...

If I may so humbly suggest that Adobe should have gotten the customer user experienced "perfected" before and not after launching CC subscription.

Indeed.

MikeChambers

« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2014, 02:36:39 am »

If I may so humbly suggest that Adobe should have gotten the customer user experienced "perfected" before

I thought it was pretty clear from my post that I agree with you:

> And yes, you could argue it should always be THE top priority (and I agree)

Ill try and be clearer next time I share some info on the forum. Sorry for any confusion.

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com

dseelig

« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2014, 03:57:49 pm »

This was always abut money as someone who supported Adobe for 17 years under the previous model, I refuse to ever get this new model. Quite frankly this is just about greed and not rewarding there customer base. Anyone working for Adobe and did not come with in an inch of loosing there jobs protesting this move I think is a crummy human being. I am working pro times are tough and this is totally about greed.

tuthill

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2014, 04:15:01 pm »

This was always abut money as someone who supported Adobe for 17 years under the previous model, I refuse to ever get this new model. Quite frankly this is just about greed and not rewarding there customer base. Anyone working for Adobe and did not come with in an inch of loosing there jobs protesting this move I think is a crummy human being. I am working pro times are tough and this is totally about greed.

In simple terms, "greed" is the basis of the capitalist system so why would one company's greed be a surprise to you?  I prefer to call it "maximizing profit" however.

chez

« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2014, 04:18:04 pm »

How do you make your conclusion that this is all about greed? They are just trying to achieve a constant revenue stream and to not tie new releases of their many different apps together. The fact that I am paying less today for PS and Lightroom than I did a year ago sure goes against the greed theme.

dseelig

« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2014, 05:38:28 pm »

I am not paying less as someone who bought every other upgrade this is an increase for me. Look at what they are doing with the iPad version 99 year for lightroom are you kidding me. Face it this is about greed and a slap in the face to all of us who have sported them for years.

Farmer

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2014, 05:57:57 pm »

Supported them?  You are a working Pro, right?  You bought a tool from which YOU MAKE MONEY.  You didn't donate anything, you paid / invested so you could make a return.  If you no longer like that tool, you don't have to keep paying.  You got what you paid for previously - I don't understand where this sense of entitlement comes from?
Phil Brown

chez

« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2014, 07:00:04 pm »

Supported them?  You are a working Pro, right?  You bought a tool from which YOU MAKE MONEY.  You didn't donate anything, you paid / invested so you could make a return.  If you no longer like that tool, you don't have to keep paying.  You got what you paid for previously - I don't understand where this sense of entitlement comes from?

The whole entitlement comes from the ME generation. It's all about ME...me...me.

chez

« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2014, 07:06:24 pm »

I am not paying less as someone who bought every other upgrade this is an increase for me. Look at what they are doing with the iPad version 99 year for lightroom are you kidding me. Face it this is about greed and a slap in the face to all of us who have sported them for years.

Who is holding that gun to your head forcing you to purchase the iPad...which by the way there is nothing firm out of Adobe, for $99/ year. If you don't see value in it...by all means don't purchase it. I don't see value in a $6,000 camera...so I don't purchase them...but I sure don't go out and cry about how Canon or Nikon are just pure greed charging for their gear.

dseelig

« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2014, 11:04:14 pm »

Not entitled they had established a way of doing things and after they made a monopoly they changed . There use to be laws about that sort of thing see Teddy Roosevelt the trust buster. My living is small try being a pro in this day and age.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2014, 11:54:12 pm »

Anyone working for Adobe and did not come with in an inch of loosing there jobs protesting this move I think is a crummy human being. I am working pro times are tough and this is totally about greed.

Aside from the fact you come across as a petulant brat, I might suggest looking at yourself in the mirror and asking if you are really proud of this post? I have a lot of close friends that work at Adobe and I can tell you they are a long way away from being "crummy human beings"...fact is, Thomas Knoll and the other Adobe people invented this friggin' industry and they are hard working, dedicated and very talented people and as far from being crummy human beings as you can consider...

You say you are a pro? Nothing about your posts give any sort of clue about that...I don't know you from Adam but as far as I can see, you are using an anonymous screen name with no links to any professional work or web site. As far as I can tell, you have zero credentials in the industry please correct me if I'm wrong and point to a website of your work).

If you don't understand the capitalist marketplace, I suggest you go back to school and learn some basic business economics...Adobe is a publicly held corporation that is directly responsible to their shareholders. Corporate greed doesn't enter into the equation...corporations are duty-bound to make money for their shareholders. If you wanna pick a fight, pick a fight with the many shareholders that own Adobe stock (and yes, I own a few shares).

If this is any indication of the method and approach you take in your professional career, it doesn't surprise me a bit that you have such a narrow and ignorant point of view.

Gary Damaskos

« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2014, 07:35:16 am »

Mike -
Any progress addressing the SSD <120Gb C drive issue - as in if it is intended to be the OS only, then ACC installing on it with no option to divert to alternate drive - big problem. I see lots of people posting about this elsewhere /adobe forums. I am being forced to spend a weekend mirroring my C drive to a bigger drive as my SSD 120Gb has almost no empty space left thanks to ACC.
Sorry I know this is not strictly how is this working for Adobe - more like how is this working for me.

I just wanted to leave a quick note, and acknowledge the issues you point out. You are 100% right. Elevating customer experience to be a top priority is something we have focused on for this year. And yes, you could argue it should always be THE top priority (and I agree), but in the past we have often made trade offs between customer experience and things like time to market, promotions, the business, etc...

Anyways, I just wanted to leave a comment and let you know that we understand the experience isn't always the best (on the site, and in the apps, promotions, etc...), and we are working to create a culture that ensures that customer experience is THE primary thing we are focusing on internally. This is one of THE top priorities for the Creative Cloud team.

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2014, 09:23:42 am »

Net income went from

832,775 (2012) to 289,985 (2013)
And also the income was more based on selling CS than CC
(numbers available at http://www.adobe.com/investor-relations.html)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 09:26:11 am by Doyle Yoder »

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2014, 09:52:17 am »

Aside from the fact you come across as a petulant brat, I might suggest looking at yourself in the mirror and asking if you are really proud of this post? I have a lot of close friends that work at Adobe and I can tell you they are a long way away from being "crummy human beings"...fact is, Thomas Knoll and the other Adobe people invented this friggin' industry and they are hard working, dedicated and very talented people and as far from being crummy human beings as you can consider...

You say you are a pro? Nothing about your posts give any sort of clue about that...I don't know you from Adam but as far as I can see, you are using an anonymous screen name with no links to any professional work or web site. As far as I can tell, you have zero credentials in the industry please correct me if I'm wrong and point to a website of your work).

If you don't understand the capitalist marketplace, I suggest you go back to school and learn some basic business economics...Adobe is a publicly held corporation that is directly responsible to their shareholders. Corporate greed doesn't enter into the equation...corporations are duty-bound to make money for their shareholders. If you wanna pick a fight, pick a fight with the many shareholders that own Adobe stock (and yes, I own a few shares).

If this is any indication of the method and approach you take in your professional career, it doesn't surprise me a bit that you have such a narrow and ignorant point of view.

As a shareholder I would be concerned about net income per share.

See page 4. http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/pdfs/201312/Q413Earnings.pdf

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2014, 10:38:22 am »

1. Adobe have always said that income would be sacrificed while they drive customers over to the subscription model
2. Their share price is at an all time high - though we don't know what it would have been if they had continued as before

MikeChambers

« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2014, 10:39:40 am »

Mike -
Any progress addressing the SSD <120Gb C drive issue - as in if it is intended to be the OS only, then ACC installing on it with no option to divert to alternate drive - big problem. I see lots of people posting about this elsewhere /adobe forums. I am being forced to spend a weekend mirroring my C drive to a bigger drive as my SSD 120Gb has almost no empty space left thanks to ACC.
Sorry I know this is not strictly how is this working for Adobe - more like how is this working for me.

Can you send me an email at mesh@adobe.com, describing what the issue is? and Ill see if I can find some info.

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com

ButchM

« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2014, 11:09:00 am »

1. Adobe have always said that income would be sacrificed while they drive customers over to the subscription model
2. Their share price is at an all time high - though we don't know what it would have been if they had continued as before

3. Adobe invested twice as much in Sales & Marketing as they did in R&D. (According to the linked Q413 Earnings pdf)

dseelig

« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2014, 02:32:20 pm »

So you have friends and they are getting rich congrats www.davidseelig.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34   Go Up