Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34   Go Down

Author Topic: So how is that Subscription Service working out for Adobe?  (Read 155994 times)

Farmer

Re: So how is that Subscription Service working out for Adobe?
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2014, 03:33:33 pm »

Ray - looks like you're doing everything right.  If you haven't already, try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Also, regarding contacting them, try Googling Paul Burnett or Michael Stoddart for email or Twitter details - both Adobe Australia - or call the corporate office and ask to speak to one of them and see if they can help with regard to why you can't get any customer support.
Phil Brown

David Anderson

• http://www.twigwater.com
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2014, 04:12:58 pm »

This is the worst customer service I've ever encountered.

Ray, if the subscription model becomes the norm, everyone at Adobe Australia will have no purpose and have to find jobs in the mines.
They're probably a little cranky... :D

(FWIW, I have found them quite helpful in the past.)

Simon Garrett

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2014, 04:40:49 pm »

If telephone service isn't working in Oz, try Chat, if that works there. 

Also try asking for help on http://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud?view=discussions.  Plenty of Adobe staffers lurk there, and I've seen a number of occasions when Adobe staffers have taken away, and apparently resolved, problems faced by users. 

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2014, 10:18:43 pm »

Since this is a thread on Adobe stock value and company profitability, I agree with Ray that the company is indeed doing everything possible to cut their costs.
In the last six months, I have also experienced very poor response with Adobe Support which makes me reluctant to switch to the subscription plan and become dependent on their support.

Ray

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2014, 10:47:52 pm »

Just for the record, I think it's fair to inform you all that I did eventually, today, manage to get in contact with an Adobe chat service.

Instead of pressing the right buttons for the various options when on the phone, I decided to try 'sales' in the hope that the sales person would transfer me to the technical section. The sales person did try to connect me to 'technical help', but failed (probably because there was no-one in attendance).

So he gave me a web address in the form of what appeared to be coded letters and numbers, where I could get help through a chat service.

It was a rather long and complicated procedure involving my searching for a 'hosts' file in an 'etc' folder under Windows\System32\drivers, and then copying the contents of the hosts file to Notepad, editing it, and saving.

Everything is now working, thanks no doubt to the cheap labour of the Indians employed by Adobe. (That's Indians from India, not America :)  ).

Ralph Eisenberg

« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2014, 05:28:11 pm »

Can anyone supply a phone number for Adobe customer service (France) which makes it possible to reliably contact them. Before taking the route of the "special" upgrade subscription bundle (Photoshop CC & Lightroom CC), I want to be sure of having a means of contacting them. I have so far attempted to do so countless times, all unsuccessful. While I already use Lightroom 5 & PS CS6, it would make it simpler and easier for me to have a version of Camera Raw that has the full functional capabilities of Lightroom 5. I do find the automatic subscription renewal, as well as the rental model for PS, heavy-handed and regrettable, and would wish for a possibility of having the choice of a "perpetual" license for the latter, but I guess that a longtime user's and loyal customer's opinion matters very little.
Ralph

Simon Garrett

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2014, 06:25:39 pm »

Can anyone supply a phone number for Adobe customer service (France) which makes it possible to reliably contact them.

http://www.adobe.com/fr/company/contact.html

Ralph Eisenberg

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2014, 02:25:23 am »

http://www.adobe.com/fr/company/contact.html

Thank you. As a previous poster had done, I also tried to reach Adobe customer service through their sales department. And the numbers you were kind enough to provide were for their sales dept. Unfortunately, they were unable to put me through to customer service. Curiously, there is little difficult reaching sales, and one would assume that the same would apply to customer service.
Ralph

Simon Garrett

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2014, 03:33:26 am »

Thank you. As a previous poster had done, I also tried to reach Adobe customer service through their sales department. And the numbers you were kind enough to provide were for their sales dept. Unfortunately, they were unable to put me through to customer service. Curiously, there is little difficult reaching sales, and one would assume that the same would apply to customer service.

"Customer service" can mean any aspect including sales, and as you were talking about purchasing I thought that's what you meant.  I don't think there is telephone support for use of Photoshop, except for premium support options.  But there is chat support for installation, update, membership and billing. I've certainly used that.  And I've used the phone number (in UK) for support over billing and related matters. 

Ralph Eisenberg

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2014, 03:55:46 am »

Thanks. I haven't been able to get chat support. What I wish to be sure about is a sure means of being able to get out, if I go into the subscription.
Ralph

Ray

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2014, 05:26:09 am »

The following website address was given to me by the Adobe sales person. It's a chat service. I didn't have to wait too long before someone came online, and my problem was eventually resolved.

www.tinyurl.com/ldqna5z

Simon Garrett

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2014, 07:40:23 am »

The following website address was given to me by the Adobe sales person. It's a chat service. I didn't have to wait too long before someone came online, and my problem was eventually resolved.

www.tinyurl.com/ldqna5z

Yes, I've used the equivalent link in the UK (though I think everyone gets through to the same people in India).  Not perfect, and sometimes takes a while to sort out problems, but in my experience they got there in the end. 

Ralph, I understand what you mean by an exit strategy.  Here's mine.  Before joining the CC subscription, I already had a perpetual-licence version of Photoshop CS5, and Lightroom 5.  If I decide the CC subscription isn't worth it, or they put up the subscription a lot, or whatever, then I go back to my perpetual-licence Lightroom (updating to whatever is the latest version), and stick to Photoshop CS5, which is probably OK for what I need.  For me, the subscription price is about what I've paid in the past on updates.  I used to update LR every time, and Photoshop every two or three versions (when you could do that).  I don't like software rental, but it's OK. 

What I don't like: Adobe's systems are pretty poor.  Their customer management and billing systems are unreliable and inconsistent, and can easily get confused, leaving the customer to chase Adobe to put things right (billing doesn't happen, so you lose use of the software, or you get billed twice, or can't change a credit card...).  In my case, at one stage my account information appeared to be different and inconsistent on different Adobe systems, screwing up my account.  Downloading and installing CC applications is a frustrating and sometimes unreliable process.  A recent update failed, and I had to remove Photoshop and install it again from scratch.  At my broadband speed, that's another 3 or 4 hours of my life I won't see again. 

When you click links on Adobe CC sites (or in the Adobe CC application), sometimes you continually get "We're sorry. Something seems to be wrong on our end. Please try again later. If this continues to fail, please contact Customer Support." 

Just see the howls of rage from frustrated users at http://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud?view=discussions.  Perhaps some of them are user errors.  But if lots of users are making the same mistakes over and over again, doesn't that tell you something about your systems?

Frankly, the systems delivering CC apps and billing for them are barely fit for purpose, and need some major work.  When Adobe fix these systems it will make a big difference. 

Ralph Eisenberg

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2014, 12:02:21 pm »

Ray and Simon,

Thanks very much for your helpful replies. Simon's description of Adobe systems is assuredly dissuasive, to say the least!
Ralph

Simon Garrett

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2014, 12:06:47 pm »

Ray and Simon,

Thanks very much for your helpful replies. Simon's description of Adobe systems is assuredly dissuasive, to say the least!
They do work, but at present they seem to involve the user in more work, re-tries and trouble-shooting than is reasonable.

I'm sure Adobe knows that (unless they are really out to lunch), and I'd like to think they're doing something about it. 

Gary Damaskos

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2014, 12:24:56 pm »

I completely agree about the people do not like uncertainty. Once I had a supplier I was considering using - a significantly large one - and I quickly learned his prices varied greatly for a thing depending on something invisible to me. And no posted prices. Inconsistency can  be a real turn off and create distrust, and rightfully so.
jmht  (just my humble thoughts)

(oops this was response to a post back on page 1)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 12:30:10 pm by Garycay »

Some Guy

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2014, 01:35:48 pm »

Too bad they cannot go to a one-year annual billing and not keep hitting the card month-to-month.  I've had four credit cards issued since last August probably due to their security screw up.  Make it some $100 year annual fee and stop recording everyone's credit cards that might get changed monthly due to all this ID theft.  Getting a new credit cards - or multiple cards - every two months is a major PITA for any monthly payment option, not to mention some will turn you in for bad credit for being late even if it isn't your screw up and then that fight ensues.

Meanwhile, I wait for my postman to bring me yet another new credit card.

SG

Gary Damaskos

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2014, 07:50:47 am »

Too bad they cannot go to a one-year annual billing and not keep hitting the card month-to-month.  I've had four credit cards issued since last August probably due to their security screw up.  Make it some $100 year annual fee and stop recording everyone's credit cards that might get changed monthly due to all this ID theft.  Getting a new credit cards - or multiple cards - every two months is a major PITA for any monthly payment option, not to mention some will turn you in for bad credit for being late even if it isn't your screw up and then that fight ensues.

Meanwhile, I wait for my postman to bring me yet another new credit card.

SG

I believe 1x payment is available -
this from B&H
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/971561-REG/adobe_61101750_creative_cloud_1_year_membership.html
certainly what it appears to be
cheers...

Some Guy

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2014, 01:56:35 pm »

I believe 1x payment is available -
this from B&H
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/971561-REG/adobe_61101750_creative_cloud_1_year_membership.html
certainly what it appears to be
cheers...
Interesting.  Didn't know they sold CC at B&H.

I did find the Photoshop CC only 1 year for $229.95 there:  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/971616-REG/adobe_61101760_photoshop_cs6_1_year_creative.html

Much more than the $10/mo. intro plan, or the older $180 every 18 month perpetual upgrades, but probably where they are heading after the first year too with the intro.

Better deal is the student/teacher full version at $199/yr. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/971564-REG/adobe_61101764_creative_cloud_membership_1_y_stu_teac.html  That beats most of the intro offers by a lot.  Time to enroll in some cheap community college class I guess.

SG

Gary Damaskos

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2014, 03:17:19 pm »

Interesting.  Didn't know they sold CC at B&H.

I did find the Photoshop CC only 1 year for $229.95 there:  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/971616-REG/adobe_61101760_photoshop_cs6_1_year_creative.html

Much more than the $10/mo. intro plan, or the older $180 every 18 month perpetual upgrades, but probably where they are heading after the first year too with the intro.

Better deal is the student/teacher full version at $199/yr. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/971564-REG/adobe_61101764_creative_cloud_membership_1_y_stu_teac.html  That beats most of the intro offers by a lot.  Time to enroll in some cheap community college class I guess.

SG

Be sure to read the latest on the student teacher - I believe there might be a quarterly verification process, meaning 1 class per year won't cut it anymore....

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2014, 04:04:29 pm »

Adobe Lightroom for iPad Likely Coming Soon With Cloud Syncing and $99 Subscription Fee.  What's with this?
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1697447
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34   Go Up