Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: questions about metabones lens adapters?  (Read 2919 times)

Eric Brody

• http://www.ericbrodyphoto.com
questions about metabones lens adapters?
« on: January 09, 2014, 04:06:36 pm »

I have a Fuji X E-1 and really like it. I also have the three Nikon PC-E tilt shift lenses. I'd like to combine them.

For those of you who have used the Metabones adapter (I'd get the Nikon G to Fuji X), I have a couple of questions.

It looks solid, and has a projection on the bottom, sort of a base. It looks like the base would slide into an Arca-Swiss tripod mount, does it? If so, it would allow me to mount the adapter to the tripod and take the weight of the lens off the lens mount.

Is there a tripod hole on the bottom of the projection? If so and if it won't slide into an Arca mount, I could mount a spare Arca plate and use it that way.

Thanks for any help.

Eric

Telecaster

Re: questions about metabones lens adapters?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 04:18:44 pm »

Is there a tripod hole on the bottom of the projection? If so and if it won't slide into an Arca mount, I could mount a spare Arca plate and use it that way.

Yes, there's a threaded hole for a QR plate. If you intend to get the SpeedBooster version of the adapter I'd be interested in your results with the t/s lenses, particularly in how they interact with the SB's own optics.

-Dave-

Manoli

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 04:41:21 pm »

It looks solid, and has a projection on the bottom, sort of a base. It looks like the base would slide into an Arca-Swiss tripod mount, does it?

The foot is attached via two sunken screws, is removable and, as Dave says, it's threaded. I mount (slide) the adapter foot directly to a Novoflex Arca compatible head. There is no projection on the bottom and the two grooves should align with a retaining pin, if there is one. Metabones also supply two plugs to fill the 'holes' should you wish to remove the foot. Photo attached.

Eric Brody

• http://www.ericbrodyphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 06:43:55 pm »

Thanks so much to both responders. You answered my questions. It appears the adapter should do what I need it to do assuming I can solve the problem I noted in my next question about setting the aperture on the Nikon PC-E lenses.

Eric
Pages: [1]   Go Up