Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cleaning out printer  (Read 614 times)

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
cleaning out printer
« on: January 08, 2014, 03:41:36 pm »

Now I'm finding that I do most of my printing during a few months and then let the printer sit idle for the rest of the year.  Having an Epson 4800, this always means doing a power cleaning.  Have any of you used cleaning carts to flush your system before replacing your Epson inks.  Or will this just cause more cause more problems?  It sure would be nice just to flush my printer each year using a cleaning solution, but I imagine this is not compatible with Epson inks?  
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 03:44:19 pm by HSakols »

KeithR

Re: cleaning out printer
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 06:12:07 pm »

Check out inkjetmall.com for their Piezo flush. Get a set of the refillable carts and the flush. The Piezo Flush was designed to do exactly what your wanting to do and is what they recommend for printers that will be idle for a length of time. About 2 years ago I picked up a second 4800(used off ebay) with the idea of using Jon Cones Piezography ink set for a dedicated B&W printer. The printer came with the original epson carts in the printer. I was in phone contact with the sell prior to buying and he explained how his company aquired it and that it was never used by them, and didn't even know that much about it and just wanted to get it off his hands. While I was waiting shipment of the printer, I contacted the people at inkjetmall and placed my order for the piezo flush. After they both arrived I set up the printer, loaded the carts and ran 3 power flushes. The carts are 220's. I ran nozzle checks after the 2nd flush and saw almost clean patterns. After the 3rd flush the check was perfect. I let it set that way for a couple of days while I waited for the Piezography ink sets arrived. When they did, loaded the new ink in and ran a couple of flushes to push through the new ink. Did a couple more checks and was good to go.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience
Pages: [1]   Go Up