Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Male Perspective  (Read 1000 times)

seamus finn

Male Perspective
« on: January 07, 2014, 03:05:24 pm »

Decisions, decisions...

Rob C

Re: Male Perspective
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 03:42:04 pm »

I don't think I'd look cool in a white dress. Today, it wouldn't even get me into the cooler. Once, it would have, very quickly. Those were the days. Is that a Mick Jagger sale?

;-)

Rob C

seamus finn

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 05:17:56 pm »

Rob, don't be so fanciful. If it was, I'd be living where you are!

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 11:44:02 am »

And that would be a big mistake for you, I think. It wasn't for me once but it sure is now. Everything has its time... now I want to be back where there's some culture to which I can apply myself. I'd love to shoot ballet, music, all that kind of material, but it ain't gonna happen in Holiday Central and neither are the realistic property prices (nor even sales) back yet. That, as they say, is key to everything. At least I have the car already: few would want to steal a left-hooker in the UK. Anyway, not a Fiesta - hardly worth the risk. I've been away a long time; I assume there is a risk still to knocking cars...

Rob C

seamus finn

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 01:49:54 pm »

Rob,

The response above was glib and I apologise. I completely empathise - and from experience, although nothing like your own exile which, from reading between the lines, may have been a compelling idea at the time but which, now, seems to be exacting a heavy price.

You surmised it would be a big mistake for me to do something similar and you are absolutely right. I don't particularly like imparting personal information on an open forum  (I could respond to you privately of course) but I willingly do so in response to your comment in case anybody here is in similar circumstances, and may be considering hasty decisions which have lasting and irretrievable consequences.

My beloved wife, Sheila, passed away last March, aged 65 after a four year battle with breast cancer. (I've had my own hard-won battles with Mister C  as well, and another one is looming according to the latest scans, but that's another story.)

Not long afterwards, I fled the house, bereft and lost, and, with a one-way ticket, hurried to my eldest son in Barcelona where I lasted a mere five days before returning home. In September, I fled again, this time to Brisbane to my other son, married with a lovely little boy who will soon be three.

I spent six weeks in and around Brisbane and Sydney where we as parents had been a few times before, and while it was wonderful to see them again, it only served to underscore my sense of loss.  I returned sure of only one thing: I don't want to live anywhere other than in Ireland, and specifically in my home town, Sligo, in the North West. I didn't know that before I left and I'm glad I found out when I did.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 01:52:55 pm by seamus finn »

Rob C

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 03:42:33 pm »

Rob,

The response above was glib and I apologise. I completely empathise - and from experience, although nothing like your own exile which, from reading between the lines, may have been a compelling idea at the time but which, now, seems to be exacting a heavy price.

You surmised it would be a big mistake for me to do something similar and you are absolutely right. I don't particularly like imparting personal information on an open forum  (I could respond to you privately of course) but I willingly do so in response to your comment in case anybody here is in similar circumstances, and may be considering hasty decisions which have lasting and irretrievable consequences.

My beloved wife, Sheila, passed away last March, aged 65 after a four year battle with breast cancer. (I've had my own hard-won battles with Mister C  as well, and another one is looming according to the latest scans, but that's another story.)

Not long afterwards, I fled the house, bereft and lost, and, with a one-way ticket, hurried to my eldest son in Barcelona where I lasted a mere five days before returning home. In September, I fled again, this time to Brisbane to my other son, married with a lovely little boy who will soon be three.

I spent six weeks in and around Brisbane and Sydney where we as parents had been a few times before, and while it was wonderful to see them again, it only served to underscore my sense of loss.  I returned sure of only one thing: I don't want to live anywhere other than in Ireland, and specifically in my home town, Sligo, in the North West. I didn't know that before I left and I'm glad I found out when I did.

Seamus, you have PM.

Rob C

seamus finn

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 04:08:31 pm »

Seamus, you have PM

Rob,

I don't know what that means in the context of this conversation which, by the way, hardly comes under the definition of User Critique even though I mistakenly raised the subject myself, so lets close it down.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 06:48:14 am by seamus finn »
Pages: [1]   Go Up