Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photography is so very difficult  (Read 10183 times)

wmchauncey

Photography is so very difficult
« on: January 06, 2014, 09:51:06 am »

Take these shots as examples...I wanted a photogenic bird feeder so I set this trellis on some sawhorses and, crammed some clay pots filled with birdseed into slots.
Then it started to snow...had to freshen the clay pots and wait for the birds to come, set-up my tripod using a 300mm lens with a 2x TC attached for the 10' shot.
Brewed coffee and waited...got some bird shots until a thief showed up.  Had to do a photo-merge to get him all in the frame.  Life is tough for a elderly photographer.      ::)

BTW...I'm trying to figure out what to do with the trellis besides using it as a wall hanger...any ideas?      ???

The things you do for yourself die with

dhancock

Re: Photography is so very difficult
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 08:34:40 am »

I have a solution...  ;D Actually, a couple of solutions, depending on if you want to feed the squirrel, or leave him out. You could leave bird seed on the ground, to keep him there. :-\ Or, you could keep him moving with a couple pumps from a BB gun, airsoft gun, or a blowgun. Foam Nerf darts in 1/2 inch pvc work well to startle the critter, but not injure it. They learn quickly, and soon they will be back to their natural state of scaring easily.

macphotography08

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 05:56:22 am »

I find it very difficult when I just start learning professional photography.

Iluvmycam

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 08:11:56 am »

Nice pix. Get into street photos, you can blast away a lot quicker with little work other than walking around.

melchiorpavone

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 08:25:41 pm »

No, it's not.

stamper

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 04:55:02 am »

Nice pix. Get into street photos, you can blast away a lot quicker with little work other than walking around.

Speaking from experience?

wmchauncey

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 07:04:29 pm »

Get into street photos, you can blast away a lot quicker with little work other than walking around.
Since the purchase of my first camera and getting involved in PS...quantity of images has taken a back seat to quality.    ;)
The things you do for yourself die with
Pages: [1]   Go Up