Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Think Tank Airport International™ V 2.0 Rolling Camera Bag  (Read 1737 times)

sunshine1234

Think Tank Airport International™ V 2.0 Rolling Camera Bag
« on: January 05, 2014, 02:47:20 pm »

I want a rolling bag this year and have been looking at the Think Tank Airport International™ V 2.0 Rolling Camera Bag. I would appreciate thoughts or comments only from people who own one of these cases.

allegretto

Re: Think Tank Airport International™ V 2.0 Rolling Camera Bag
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 08:57:04 pm »

Have a TT Airport Take Off which is very very similar, but you asked for only people who have the specific bag, so can help in some ways but not in others I guess.

Is there a specific question?

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 07:20:25 am »

I have an Airport International. Great rolling case. I have been able to fit a pair of 1D-series bodies, and the three f/2.8 zooms, and a 300/2.8, plus lots of small accessories. (Not the stock hood for the 300, though -- I use a rollup fabric hood.) The locking features are useful, especially the locking cable, as I can keep gear locked inside the case cable-locked to a table or chair or something in a hotel room, media center, or airport. It's small enough that no one gives it a second look as a carryon, even though it's somewhat heavy when filled up. It looks like every other businessman's rollaboard. It's not large enough to fit all the camera gear plus a computer inside the case, except maybe an Macbook Air.

I also have an Airport Security, which is the larger carryon roller. It's huge in comparison, and I wouldn't want to try it on an international flight or on the smaller regional planes. But with the optional low divider set, it can carry a 17 inch MBP inside the case with all the gear.

Hope this helps.
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/

sunshine1234

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 07:51:09 am »

It helps a great deal, giving me a perspective of this specific case from a user's 'hands on' point of view. Given the cost of the case this added info is reassuring. Thanks…..it sounds like what I'm looking for.

The Think Tank product seems more robust and better thought out than the 'equivalent' Lowe Pro or Tenba Roadie.

PhotoEcosse

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 08:57:36 am »

Just bear in mind that, with any "roller" type case, your equipment will be subject to some pretty severe shocks just trundling it from your car to the check-in to the gate in pretty well any airport.

In general, they are not nearly as good an idea as they might seem. Probably better with a back-pack of equivalent capacity.
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 03:07:54 pm »

I want a rolling bag this year and have been looking at the Think Tank Airport International™ V 2.0 Rolling Camera Bag. I would appreciate thoughts or comments only from people who own one of these cases.

I've had a version one since it came out. Great rolling case, very travel and gear friendly.  I know people who have worn the wheels out and TTP sent (or sold) them a set. I tried several other rolling cases and TTP makes the best. good materials, solid construction,  protects the gear well (but not as well as a rigid case like a Zarges or a Pelican butthose weigh a lot more.

Even though they aren't designed to be checked luggage over the years I've also used my TTP Airport International and Airport Security cases for checked lighting equipment on commercial flights to Japan and Israel as well as in the USA and had no problems.

MrSmith

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 03:15:31 pm »

I tried several roller cases from Lowe-pro and peli but the TTAI was what I settled on as the best, it didn't rock from side to side like the others and the handle didn't fall apart in my hands like the Lowe-pro. Back-up from the uk importer was excellent when I had to prise a jammed lock open on the morning of a job (replacement sent FOC next day) it carries far more than I would ever carry on my back, the reason I went for a roller was due to weight of gear not being good for my back.
If it's just for house-car-location then stick to a hard case like a peli but for Train/air/car/walking then TTAI every time.
Having used one for a while and travelled with it a fair bit I would happily buy again/reccomend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up