Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3100 Error 02.1:10  (Read 8736 times)

Mary K

HP Z3100 Error 02.1:10
« on: January 05, 2014, 12:52:11 pm »

Hello,

I have a HP Z3100 44" printer, and recently the printer is coming up with the following error:  02.1:10 Restart the printer.  If the problem persists, call HP support.

I purchased the printer new, and have had it for about 6 years.  I am working with a PC running Windows 7 64bit Ultimate, and have not had any problems printing to the Z3100 when it is functioning properly.  The printer is connected to my PC via USB 2.  I have printed out the internal prints, so have them available if there is any information on them the may help define the problem.  Firmware is:  TR12-TR_7.0.0.3

The error code has never come up during a print, only after a print is complete, or when the printer wakes up to do the head cleaning routine.

This is the error in its entirety:

Code:  0x14020001
Severity:  Error
Priority:  3000
ID:  0x101021a
Description:  STRING_POWER_OFF
File:  HciHorusHciBus.cpp
Line:  1105
Class:  Electronics
Subclass:  Carriage Board
Error:  Horus 0 EIO
Define:  DRACO_EX_CARRIAGE_BOARD_HORUS_0_EIO
Description:  Horus 0 not responding

HP won't service the printer anymore, so I could use some help with diagnosing and resolving the issue.  I do have a copy of the service manual.

Thanks,
Mary

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:20:30 pm by Mary K »
Mary Konchar

BrianWJH

Re: HP Z3100 Error 02.1:10
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 03:59:25 pm »

Hi Mary, have you tried finding a solution in the HP Designjet Forum here:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Designjet-Large-Format/bd-p/bsc-414

Brian.

Mary K

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 04:36:52 pm »

Thanks for the link, Brian.  Looks like the problem may be a bad trailing cable, or trailing cable connection.  I checked the manual, and I might be able to do this myself.  Is there anything else I should consider changing while I'm in there?

Mary
Mary Konchar

BrianWJH

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 05:05:03 pm »

Hi Mary, sorry I'm not a HP owner but I seem to recall another post somewhere that recommended looking at replacing the carriage drive belt on a HPZ when the poster was replacing the trailing cable.

Brian.

Mary K

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 05:23:08 pm »

I will look into that as well.  Thanks, Brian.

Mary
Mary Konchar

Ian99

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 03:45:46 pm »

Mary, see my post of August 6th 2013 entitled  “Z3100 Carriage PCA Problem”.

I like to think of myself as a very hands-on practical person but changing those trailing cables was a major challenge and I never did find out what the reason was for my error codes. The cables themselves are not the issue, it is the ridiculous connector blocks which are guaranteed to break as you remove the clamp holding the cable in place.
There are 13 connectors with roughly 5 different designs involved in replacing the PCA and trailing cables. In particular the two connector blocks on the PCA which receive the trailing cables are sure to break when you try and release the old cables.

If you manage to do it, then changing the belt is a trivial task.

I encourage you to find a competent service technician.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 03:32:46 am »

You need a lot of patience for that job but I replaced the PCB on a Z3200 and the belt as well. Must be a year ago now and the printer runs as good as before.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
January 2014, 600+ inkjet media white spectral plots.

Mary K

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 11:13:58 am »

Okay, I cleaned the carriage to print head contacts, and I have been running for a day without problems.  Probably wishful thinking on my part that the problem is solved ... but one can hope!  The MK-R contact was dirty.

Thanks to all,
Mary
Mary Konchar

Shutterbug2006

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 02:35:31 am »

You need a lot of patience for that job but I replaced the PCB on a Z3200 and the belt as well. Must be a year ago now and the printer runs as good as before.

--

hijacking the thread...

A year or two ago I had to remove and repair the main power supply from my Z3100. The biggest challenge was disassembling and opening up the printer to get at the various pieces. A set of Torx screwdrivers, patience and a roomy secure work area are helpful.

I haven't printed an awful lot but my printer is nearly 7 years old. I imagine I should do some sort of maintenance after all this time. I've only had to replace one formatter board, one print head, and lubricate the power supply fan in all that time. I'm reluctant to do much, being of the opinion if it ain't broke, don't fix it - but in this case, I really should do some cleaning and maintenance while parts are readily available.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 09:41:46 am »

Access to the maintenance station at the right is something I like. One screw that is hidden behind the front panel is not used anymore so I can unscrew 4 and the right side cover can be removed when I pull out the right side cartridges (cartridge replace mode). Put them back in with the cover removed and the maintenance station is easier to check and access.  The wipers can be cleaned, the drip lid, the two types of sponges can get some cleaning fluid. Yes that fan is usually dirty. With power switched off it can be cleaned. Get the right oil to put on the rod the head carriage runs on. The cutter can be removed and the parts that have to turn and glide can be oiled/greased. The parts that have to have friction should not though. Can not explain it better. Near the formatter the air intake etc can be cleaned with a vacuumcleaner with a smaller hose attached to it. Like one does for a computer system that runs a couple of years. The felt in the printer bed can be cleaned that way too but be aware that the felt is not getting upwards otherwise the head carriage gets stuck later on. The rail the cutter runs along sucked too.

Cleaned a HP B9180 maintenance station thoroughly last week. Removed it totally as there had been some wasted ink overflow. This must be a harder to do on a Z but could be necessary if head issues are common.

--

Pages: [1]   Go Up