Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What makes a good photograph? Against what criteria can these judgements be made  (Read 4505 times)

Isaac

It's a silly question, Isaac.

If we'd actually read those photoworks articles...

The question is, of course, too broad and too general, to be really meaningful. Photography is too capacious a category and ‘good’ is too porous an adjective.

So, in that ‘good’ implies something affective and effective, and that photography, when ‘good’, really means, for me, an artful, deliberate and clever kind of photography, the best way to answer this question lies in thinking about why a particular example of photography is ‘good’ beyond being an epitome of its genre.

Isaac

Aaaaaaahhhhh! Not this topic again - please oh ye kind and compassionate god! Run away! Hide under the couch!

No one's forced you to read the posts, and no one's forced you to add to them.

Isaac

... but it was quite pleasantly reassuring to discover people I respected shared my own view on photography and its art...

Shock! Horror! Man agrees with confirmation of his own opinion and ignores different opinions!

stamper

Aaaaaaahhhhh! Not this topic again - please oh ye kind and compassionate god! Run away! Hide under the couch!

Isaac I THINK he was trying to point out it was possible for you to try and start a topic that was a little more original and a little less problematic with respect to stirring up controversy but I guess that wasn't your intention? BTW the previous four posts were made by yourself. I suspect you wanted to keep the topic live. ;)

Isaac

I THINK he was trying to point out it was possible for you to try and start a topic that was...

It's just as possible for you to try and start that topic.

the previous four posts were made by yourself.

Each a belated reply to a comment someone else made days before. Expect a reply to Bernard's comment.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com

Shock! Horror! Man agrees with confirmation of his own opinion and ignores different opinions!

If you want to troll, might as well get a boat.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Isaac

I see you still have nothing to say about the photoworks articles you didn't read because you weren't interested.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs

You cannot possibly be serious - right? If you don't understand what's going on then it is best to be silent.

Isaac

If you don't understand what's going on then it is best to be silent.

No -- The Emperor's New Clothes.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up