Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sudden problem printing on Epson 9900  (Read 12441 times)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Sudden problem printing on Epson 9900
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2014, 01:42:00 pm »

Kenoli, I think you are too concerned about Colorsync. I doubt the problem you are having is at that level, unless you have interfered with it - and if you have, get it reset to its defaults. I think you need to follow Wayne's instructions to the letter re uninstalling and re-installing the printer driver and the printer as he suggested. I also think resetting your Photoshop Preferences files could be helpful. Try doing those two things ONLY and see whether the prints start to come out better.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

kenoli

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2014, 06:14:11 pm »

Wayne and Mark -- I'm sure you're right, Mark: it doesn't really matter what ColorSync does.  I just get my curiosity whetted.  I reset everything and re-installed all the drivers and created new printer profiles and it looks like everything is back to "fine."  In the process I did discover that my scanner software is embedding my scanner icc profile as a color space (i have no ideas what that means) in the images it outputs.  Not sure why this is or the implications, but I am looking into it.

Thanks to both of your for your support and ideas.  It was a good learning experience, everything is working and I'm upgraded to Mavericks.

Warm regards,

--Kneoli

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2014, 06:22:17 pm »

really glad to here things are working again. Regarding the scanning and scanner profile - what scanner and scanning software are you using? What colour management settings in the scanner software?
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

JakeD

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2014, 04:21:56 pm »

Hope I'm not hijacking things here, but my problem with PrinTao8 is along the same lines; i.e.. its performance is a bit erratic regarding profiles. If I open a .tif file in LR from the Mediathek, sometimes it shows the image to be a jpeg with the red coloured warning in the optional metadata box underneath. There's also a yellow warning triangle in the top right hand corner of the image in the central layout. Hovering my cursor over this shows a 'this image has not been assigned a colour profile' warning. Can anyone make sense of what's going on and what I'm doing wrong. (iMac 27", Mavericks, full purchased PrinTao8 version, up to date).

JakeD

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2014, 04:23:55 pm »

Sorry, re above. Epson 7900.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2014, 02:14:31 pm »

Hope I'm not hijacking things here, but my problem with PrinTao8 is along the same lines; i.e.. its performance is a bit erratic regarding profiles. If I open a .tif file in LR from the Mediathek, sometimes it shows the image to be a jpeg with the red coloured warning in the optional metadata box underneath. There's also a yellow warning triangle in the top right hand corner of the image in the central layout. Hovering my cursor over this shows a 'this image has not been assigned a colour profile' warning. Can anyone make sense of what's going on and what I'm doing wrong. (iMac 27", Mavericks, full purchased PrinTao8 version, up to date).
seems you would be better off starting a new thread describing your problem in the title, especially the name of the software you are having problems with.  Somewhat related to this thread but enough different so you may not be getting enough looking at the thread.  I have no experience with the software you mentioned or it's functionality.

dnmiller4

Problems with LSI' Printao 8 and the Epson Pro 9900
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2014, 08:40:07 pm »

First I would like Mark Segal to know I wrote a review of Printoa 8.

I am having a heck of time with Printoa 8.   I have the Epson Pro 9900.  Computer is the MacBook Pro 17 inch non-glare display, 8,3.   The external display is the NEC MultiSync PA 272w.

What happens is intermittent:  On left of image, vertical solid black line.   Sometimes one inch wide, other times, 1/4 inch wide. 
Incomplete printing of image file.  Both vertically and horizontally.

Darren Vena of LSI, gave me a procedure I followed exactly and it did not cure anything.  It was removing absolutely anything, anywhere, pertaining to Printoa 8.  Reboot, then empty trash. Get the download again, and reinstall.  The Epson Pro 9900 was to be turned off.  I unplugged it for five minutes.  Turned it back on.  Made sure the USB printer cable was plugged directly into the computer.  Turn on printer and then reinstall the printer in Printoa 8.

I really need suggestions and help.  I have waste ink, canvas, and my time. 

When Printoa 8 works, it's great.   I resent wasting my time, ink, and canvas when it does not work appropriately.

Cheers

David B Miller, Pharm. D.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up