Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RX100 download difficulty--SOLVED (sort of)  (Read 4769 times)

ehackett

RX100 download difficulty--SOLVED (sort of)
« on: January 04, 2014, 11:03:57 am »

I am having a frustrating problem and cannot think of where else to ask for advice (I've rummaged around online) and so I will hope this catches the eye of someone who can help.
I cannot download photos from my wife's RX100.  In fact, the camera is not recognized by the OS, and I have tried a newish iMac running Windows under bootcamp, an older Dell Win machine, and a newish Mac iBook running OS-X.  I have tried leaving the camera in USB Auto mode and have switched the USB option to Mass Storage Device.  I understand there may be issues reading Sony RAW files, but so far have not gotten to the point where that is an issue.  
My card reader is in NZ (with my daughter and D300), but I'd gladly buy another if that's all it takes.  Or I would upgrade to LR5.2, though I am trying to complete a transfer of images from LR2.4 to LR4.4 before converting 4.4 to 5.x.  
Sorry, probably too much info, and I hope just a dumb oversight on my part.  Any and all advice most welcome!

Best wishes for the new year,

Ed
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:16:21 am by ehackett »

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Re: RX100 download difficulty
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 03:32:37 pm »

Just buy a card reader. Dirt cheap and generally widely compatible.

ehackett

Re: RX100 download difficulty--SOLVED (sort of)
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 09:18:08 am »

Good advice!  Did that and it worked, although I don't know why an off-brand card reader from Best Buy is recognized while a costly Sony camera is not.  All that said, plugged in a $34 card reader and the pictures downloaded themselves. 

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Re: RX100 download difficulty--SOLVED (sort of)
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 09:27:54 am »

although I don't know why an off-brand card reader from Best Buy is recognized while a costly Sony camera is not. 
I've now got my RX100 beside me;
Did you turn the camera on ? It won't be seen unless it's powered up.
Setting for my RX100 on W7 64
USB connection = Auto
USB LUN setting = Multi
USB power supply = off
Pages: [1]   Go Up