Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: From a plane  (Read 414 times)

quickhiker

From a plane
« on: January 02, 2014, 02:05:11 pm »

Captured these images during a flight around Puget Sound on new years day. I really like the texture on the second one and am drawn to it, but the composition feels off- I can't quite put my finger on if it is just boring, or if I'm missing something and just like the texture.  Everything was shot through the window of a small plane, which doesn't exactly have Leica-quality optical characteristics. All comments and pointers welcomed.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: From a plane
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 03:50:30 pm »

The first two are pretty flat lighting wise.  No shadows, etc.  Plus you're looking down with no elevated objects to provide height or depth.  (These are 2D pictures, not 3D).  There are no subjects to focus on either.  The third photo is actually more interesting.  First, it has more contrast which the eye finds more pleasing.  The black on the bottom and the runway forces the eye into the picture.  You then want to know what's going on so you look around.  I then ask where am I (Obvously in a cockpit).  So questions are asked about the photo that keeps some interest. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up